Original topic:

ALL SENSORS not working on Note8

(Topic created on: 05-31-2018 03:50 AM)
Striker247
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Ever since the April security patch I've noticed that every sensor on my Note8 is frozen/disabled.

I'd expected the May security patch to fix the issue but it hasn't.

Now from what I've seen online this issue seems to be a lot more widespread than i originally thought as several S8 users have also reported the issue.

I've done almost everything possible...

Wiped cache partition, went through safe mode and
factory resetting

From checking *#0*# i can see ALL my sensors are frozen/disabled.

I had previously reported this issue on the Members app (but in another country) and promptly got a robotic answer from the Samsung admin stating the obvious , "meet your local service center".

As of now there seems to be no other choice but since i had originally bought my Note8 from the U.A.E i thought I'd post this here.

It seems that flashing to the previous version of stock firmware actually fixes the issue but I've had conflicting reports on this solution.

So was anyone else able to solve this issue?

Comments/queries are welcome and I'll try to respond a.s.a.p.
0 Likes
Striker247
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Did it work for you ? Because some people who'd flashed just ended up getting this issue again but this seems to be the only option left so I guess I'll have to try it out.
0 Likes
Slayer1
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
My friend had the exact same problem, he didn't knew what to do, I took his phone, backed it up completely, and then flashed. It got fixed and till now he didn't complain about it. I hope he won't.😂 And ya, you're left with the only option. Or else you got custom roms to flash.
Striker247
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
So while flashing did you choose a previous version or the one you're currently on?
Also if i were to change my country while im flashing could it lead to me tripping knox?

Sorry haven't flashed ever since knox was introduced so I'm not really sure what to do.
0 Likes
PRATHEESH1
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
bro how to do flash.? pls tell the procedures.
0 Likes
Slayer1
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I've flashed the latest version available there. And ya, you don't really need to worry about tripping knox, It won't be tripped. Cuz, it's the official way of flashing samsung phones. Just go to sam mobile, select the frimware according to the model you have. And as you've never flashed I'd suggest you to check the tutorials on youtube. And the most important thing is: Just turn off find my mobile and remote cotrols in your phone. I'm sure even the youtubers won't mention this, But just make sure that you've turned off everything in find my mobile. Better remove samsung account. Because, year ago I did the same mistake and hard briked my s6edge. So, Make sure you do that. Thanks.
0 Likes
Striker247
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the input, flashed my phone yesterday but sadly the issue still persists. Since I was already on the latest version i chose to flash to a verison before the sensors stopped working(so from April security update to March) maybe Oreo is the real culprit? I will have to flash to Nougat and see for myself.

But I'm not sure downgrading on a major update like that would even work but since im on the same boot loader (u3 to u3) hopefully it does.

Care to enlighten me here?
0 Likes
Slayer1
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Downgrading is okay. But, I've heard downgrading from oreo causes radio problems. Your phone won't detect sim, or won't show up the signal. Better if you check that, or else flash oreo frimware different than your country.
0 Likes
Striker247
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I've flashed the phone 3 times now (changed country, downgraded and now flashed the latest version) still won't work. When you flashed yours did you do a "nand erase" or "re partition"?
0 Likes
Striker247
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I had downgraded to Nougat but the issue is STILL THERE.

I guess flashing does NOT work
navadiya
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
same problem
0 Likes