Original topic:

ALL SENSORS not working on Note8

(Topic created on: 05-29-2018 08:01 PM)
Striker247
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Ever since the April security patch I've noticed that every sensor on my Note8 is frozen/disabled.

I'd expected the May security patch to fix the issue but it hasn't.

Now from what I've seen online this issue seems to be a lot more widespread than i originally thought as several S8 users have also reported the issue.

I've done almost everything possible...

Wiped cache partition, went through safe mode and
factory resetting

From checking *#0*# i can see ALL my sensors are frozen/disabled.

I had previously reported this issue on the Members app (but in another country) and promptly got a robotic answer from the Samsung admin stating the obvious , "meet your local service center".

As of now there seems to be no other choice but since i had originally bought my Note8 from the U.A.E i thought I'd post this here.

It seems that flashing to the previous version of stock firmware actually fixes the issue but I've had conflicting reports on this solution.

So was anyone else able to solve this issue?

Comments/queries are welcome and I'll try to respond a.s.a.p.
0 Likes
24 Comments
swadhin492
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
i'm also having the same issue on my S8 for past two days. I took my phone to samsung service center. They told me it's a hardware issue & the only way of solving this problem is changing the motherboard.
0 Likes
Striker247
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I'm pretty certain this is NOT a hardware issue because my phone was working perfectly before their stupid April "patch" i don't know why people even want these stupid patches regularly all these things do is slow your phone down because they're pathetically optimized or ruin the phone entirely.
0 Likes
agveera
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Have you tried factory resetting the phone. I read that it worked for some people on other forums (Back up your phone before you do it though!)
0 Likes
Striker247
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Done it twice now with no luck , I've had the sensors come back temporarily on random occasions but then go back to being disabled.
0 Likes
agveera
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Oh man. I'm sorry to here that bro. Hopefully the Oreo update will fix it when samsung releases it next month.
0 Likes
Striker247
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Thanks man, but im already on oreo haha
0 Likes
agveera
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Oh ok. Any improvements with it? Or is the sensor problem still there?
0 Likes
Striker247
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Well the issue occurred after the oreo update , to be more specific the first security update after oreo (which is the April security update)
0 Likes
Slayer1
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Try flashing indian frimware.
0 Likes