Original topic:

ALL SENSORS not working on Note8

(Topic created on: 05-16-2018 03:11 PM)
Striker247
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
I just realized that the latest security patch (April 1st 2018) disabled every sensor on my Note8.

Did pretty much everything possible,

Checked safe mode, wiped cache partition and now I've done a factory reset yet none of the sensors still work. I've noticed clearing the cache on the "Iris" app brings back all the sensors but it's temporary.

I've also checked the sensors through the code *#0*# and they're all frozen.

I am pretty certain this is not a hardware issue.

So can i expect a solution for this issue from the Samsung Devs?
And how do i contact them directly?

BTW anyone else have the issue?
12 Comments
EmPrAcE
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
im having this issue on my galaxy s8. It also started after April security patch installation.
0 Likes
Striker247
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
From what I've read,

Either we wait till the issue fixes itself after future security updates (might be unlikely)
Or
We solve this ourselves by flashing a previous version of the stock firmware but apparently the problem returns after a few weeks.

Do let me know if you've found a solution.
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thanks for sharing your concern. We would suggest you to visit nearby Samsung Service Centre in order to get your device physically inspected by the service engineer. Please find service centre details in the link provided -http://www.samsung.com/in/support/servicelocation

Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you. For Further assistance, you can get in touch with us via Live Chat option by following- http://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/IN. You can also connect us via Samsung Members web community by following mentioned url-https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_IN#/
0 Likes
Striker247
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the response admin, but as I've mentioned before this is NOT a hardware issue.

It was caused by a security update(April to be exact) from your end.

This issue clearly seems to be more widespread than I've thought as a lot of S8 users have also reported the same issue, so it's not just the Note8.

So are the Samsung devs aware of the issue?
If not how do i get in contact with them directly?
EmPrAcE
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
We are not the only ones having this problem. A software update will come since s7 and s8 series along with note 8 show the sensor failure after April security patch installation. Its a common problem now.
Striker247
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
So did that "patch" ever happen?
0 Likes
MiraclePanda
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
my friend had this problem with his s8 all he did is take backup of his data and reached service centre and asked them to flash os, all problem solved.
Abinesan
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
is it true? I took my s8 to service Centre. they told this is mother board fault without any checking.
0 Likes
Striker247
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
When they flashed it did they re partition? Did they do nand erasing?Please help me out here
0 Likes