Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

25W Charger not fast charging.

(Topic created on: 02-02-2022 02:59 AM)
virajvnc
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
25W charger came with the box for note 20 ultra not fast charging.  It only charge normal slow cable charging & super fast charging. Adaptive fast charging (normal fast charge) won't work even it enabled in settings. But when I connected to my old Adaptive charger,  fast charging is showing.  Is there anyone who noticed this? I think 25W charger only supports slow cable charging & super fast charging.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy Note
Yeah thats the thing. Only way to confirm would be to use another charger and see if there is a difference bro. Hope u will be able to figure it out.

If any of my comments helped you in any way, please consider hitting the 3 dot menu and accepting my answer as a solution.

Thanks 😊😊

View solution in context

Solution
Galaxy Note
Ok so this is what has happened. They've removed this feature from note 20 ultra. When i got the phone it was on one ui 3.1 and the adaptive fast charge feature worked.

I tested it today because u were asking about it, and now it only shows cable charging, even with super fast charge off and fast charge on.

They have removed this in one ui 4.

But i noticed a small change, when u switch off everything and leave it on cable charging, the time it takes is longer than when u enable fast charging. Even though fast charge is enabled, it still says cable charging, but the time taken is lesser than actual cable charging.

I hope this solves ur issue. Its something that they changed in One ui 4.

If my comment helped you in any way, please consider hitting the 3 dot menu and accepting my answer as a solution.

Thanks 😊😊

View solution in context

26 Comments
snowrisesback
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yeah there is no fast charging but it appears as super fast charging in my phone too
virajvnc
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Yeah. Normal cable charging & super fast charging only. There is another middle charging level between cable charging & super fast charging called fast charging. It won't work with 25W charger. That's the problem. Old charger support that.
kavishkacreed
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Old chargers do not supports super fast charging so obviously it will show the second fastest option - fast charging
virajvnc
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Problem is newest 25W charger not support middle charging level. Fast charging (not super fast)
virajvnc
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Bro. Found the solution by contacting samsung customer service. 25W charger came with the phone not support middle charging level called "fast charge". we need to buy 15W adaptive fast charger if we want to charge it at middle level.
0 Likes
snowrisesback
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yeah agree may be a new improvement of samsung
Galaxy Note
Hi bro did u try disabling Super Fast Charging? Then it switches to 15W Adaptive Fast charging.

Older charger only support 15W fast charging, but the 25W can be used even at 15 by disabling 25W super fast charging on the phone in Device Care > Battery > More Battery settings

If my comment helped you in any way, please consider hitting the 3 dot menu and accepting my answer as a solution.

Thanks 😊😊Screenshot_20220202-193619_Device care_131475_1643810779.jpg
virajvnc
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I already tried bro. But 25W charger came with box doesn't support fast charging. It charging only slowest & super fast. Not the middle one.
Galaxy Note
Then i suggest you try to charge with another 25W charger and see if its the same issue. At least then we'll know if its a charger issue or phone issue.

Are u using the cable that came in the box? Because there is something i noticed when using non - genuine cables