Original topic:

2.5 Download from smart switch for note 9

(Topic created on: 10-30-2020 07:55 AM)
sensam
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Note
Guys I tried to download one ui 2.5 from smart switch but it was showing 5232mb instead of 820 mb.  Really got confused and downloaded thru mobile itself.

I am not clear why that was showing that much mb. Any suggestions pls..
0 Likes
9 Comments
kaustubh10
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
the smart switch update includes the whole phones os including software that's why the size is so much in size due to whole firmware of the phone and the OTA update only includes the new software not whole firmware
sensam
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
ok thanks, if I installed thru smart switch , will it download entire 5gb. what would be the result
0 Likes
kaustubh10
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
it's better to update via smart switch because the entire firmware has been updated and there are less chances of getting bugs and glitches
and yes you have to download entire update of huge 5-6gb you will need a strong faster WiFi connection
and the result of course you will have a better performance and improvements in battery and other various parts

but it doesn't mean that the OTA update is harmful
if you have a strong Internet connection then it's totally fine but there is a chance of getting bugs through OTA but I've never found any issue till this date
I only once installed the update via smart switch otherwise I also update security patches through OTA
and don't forget to take your backup if you are updating the phone through smart switch
sensam
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
awesome explanation. thanks.
VAP11
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
why it is must to take backup while upgrading via smart switch? is there any chances for losing data. I already updated via smart switch without taking backup so I am asking
0 Likes
kaustubh10
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
yes if you didn't take your backup then after the update or you can say firmware flashed the entire data will be formatted to better improvement in performance
don't forget to take your backup first then install update via smart switch
0 Likes
VAP11
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
thanks for the reply. I got update on oct 31 I tried to update via smartswitch but it shows that your device is upto date THB. I don't know why. now confused to do update via smartswitch or ota
0 Likes
kaustubh10
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
you can update through OTA
but try to use a strong WiFi connection or better network and try to download without pausing
it's totally fine I've also updated my phone through OTA but I used a strong faster WiFi connection and till this date after more than a year still no issue or whatsoever
VAP11
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
thank you very much for the suggestion