Original topic:

widevine L1 support for Netflix and Prime video lost after recent update

(Topic created on: 07-03-2020 02:59 PM)
abhishek_bhowmick
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
widevine L1 support for Netflix and Prime video lost after recent update, anyone knows how to fix that? 
9 Comments
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Its not lost, its limited to standard definition and high definition is disabled to reduce load on the internet. Not an issue.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
Load reduction was lifted in 1st June. And till the last update it was streaming HD, as soon as i installed the June update, i lost HD support on Netflix and Prime video
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
No man, it was not lifted, if it got lifted, why is EVERYONE facing this? Even YouTube is limited to 480p. Ask anyone in the community, everyone will say the same.
0 Likes
RedIndianRobin
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Dude the restriction has been lifted. I can stream 1080p on my Netflix, Disney + and Prime Video. Only YouTube is restricted to 480p.
dk1614032
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
it's from the samsung side dudes they remove the l1
0 Likes
Galaxy M
For Youtube it was not lifted. But for other ott it was. I was using Netflix and prime.. Both were having Widevine L1 and 1080p.. I had a tak with Netflix they said they are not limitting to HD. That was lifted. This is a fault at Samsung's end as the samsung update killed the support
0 Likes
RedIndianRobin
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
No need to lecture that guy. He does not have any idea that the restriction was lifted in the beginning of June.
Vickman
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
yes I am facing the same issue the quality on both Netflix and Amazon prime video is very poor and Netflix playback specification now shows widevine L3. Mine is M30s. I updated it few days ago and after that I began to face the issue. I emailed Samsung care but they are asking to visit service center.
Any fix??? It's not even 480p, video quality is worst.
Galaxy M
Samsung is not accepting their fault of updates. Instead they say that something wrong with your device. This is bad for a company like @Samsung. They are releasing back to back but not providing proper updates well tested. Juat coder codes and they deploy to phones.. No proper testing is done. My M30s having 6000mah battery on Android 9 was giving good backup but since Android 10 i need to charge every 9-10 hrs. Also the 48MP mode in camera doesn't have flash and Wide angle button as it used to have earlier. Auto brightness su cks.

I wish theybhave something to rollback updates..
0 Likes