what's wrong with by battery backup?

(Topic created on: 02-19-2020 11:25 PM)
ArjitKumarSingh
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy M

Can anyone help?

For those who r saying it's good.
The problem here is standby battery drain. Overnight drain is nearly 10% which is not good. And i can clearly see that phone was never in deep sleep state that's y the standby drain is so huge.
So if ur phone's overnight battery drain is also about 10% then u can say it's normal otherwise there's a problem.
And don't forget it has 6000mAh battery.

Device idle is eating a lot of battery how to stop that
akash_user
Active Level 3
Galaxy M

@Sciphile The idle/standby battery drain is very high. Battery losses around 15-20% overnight which is not normal at all when a phone is not in use.

I keep everything sync, wifi , no recents and no google photos uploading photos but the battery discharges at a tremendous rate.

I only face the high battery drain when I'm not using the phone that is when the phone is in IDLE/Stand-by mode. Heavy gaming it just drains at rate of 10% per hour which is good I guess.

Once again losing around 20% of battery overnight is not right at all.

Also, the phone does not go into deep sleep mode as it was showing in 'Accu battery' app.

I'm posting my battery usage stats in the link, you can check them out. You will be able to notice the battery always keep on discharging(at 2-3% per hour) and doesn't hold the charge.

BATTERY USAGE STATS LINK :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BIKGG2VSd0WDew4OzT0Iz_70m3EgLGVw

0 Likes
akash_user
Active Level 3
Galaxy M

@ArjitKumarSingh, I am also facing the same issue of battery drain, how did you get is fixed ? 'Accu battery' app is showing that the phone is not going in deep sleep mode. It is really disappointing that despite having a 6000 mah battery it cannot last for a day with mild usage.

When I use it I absolutely face no issues, but the idle/standby battery drain is far from minimal.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Galaxy M
disable adaptive power saving in power mode setting of device care app. then restart ur phone.
if it helps plz let me know
0 Likes
akash_user
Active Level 3
Galaxy M

adaptive power saving in power mode setting - is already disabled and the power mode is set to Optimised.

I have uploaded the battery usage screenshots on google drive, check the link.

some screenshots are taking just before going to bed and after waking up (I turn off wifi and clear recent apps).

The battery performs well when in use  but when the phone is idle, the battery drains quite fast about 2% per hour and the battery discharges about 10-15% over the night.

Overnight the phone loses battery around 10-15% which is not minimal drain.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BIKGG2VSd0WDew4OzT0Iz_70m3EgLGVw

0 Likes
Galaxy M
there r too many screenshots n 2 or 3 screenshots r giving really awesome back up.

keep the adaptive power saving off n restart ur phone
0 Likes
akash_user
Active Level 3
Galaxy M

Yeah I keep adaptive power saving off always.

But I charged my phone while switched off till 100%. After that the phone was giving really good battery backup while using it and while in stand-by mode also. The phone was now able to go in the deep sleep mode.

But after some days the battery was back to draining while not using it and the phone was not going in deep sleep mode. So, I did the same thing, restarted my phone and the battery standby backup was well again.

This keeps happening, the battery will perform well for some days after restarting but starts performing poorly when more days have passed without restarting it.

Below is a link to screenshots of battery usage on multiple times in a day when the battery is performing awesome.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IJWjIi_nDgaA355CjPObzme_8gSiqM6m?usp=sharing

0 Likes
Galaxy M
that's a bug i also do the same whenever i feel backup has reduced.
akash_user
Active Level 3
Galaxy M

have you reported this bug to Samsung? If yes then, I will also report this issue. 

0 Likes
Galaxy M
yeah do that
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
🤣🤣🤣 ha sale donkey ...aisa hi hota mobile data se
0 Likes