Original topic:

unable to update Chrome and android system webview

(Topic created on: 07-13-2020 03:57 AM)
Leven
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
Using one ui 2.0 on samsung m31. Noticed that the chrome has a duel app symbol on it. I tried clearing cache of playstore and nothing helps 
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
If it is solved in safe mode, it means that, a third party app you installed recently, is causing the problem. Find out the app and uninstall. Goto Playstore >My apps and games >Installed. And uninstall suspected apps one by one and check for the solution. Defective apps trouble your device a lot of ways.
0 Likes
Leven
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
I was able to update Chrome and android webview yesterday from playstore directly. I guess it was a playstore issue
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
Ok, I am just bothered about the dual chrome. Has that disappeared now? At times if you find a solution for that, please do inform.
0 Likes
Leven
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
You can see in the safe mode both chrome and webview is marked as duel apps. And it has different caches and memory.
Leven
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
It's still there.
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
Thank you for you clarification.
0 Likes
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
Can you please check that after wiping your cache partition. It is recommended to do that after major updates.
(Switch off your phone. Press and hold, power button and volume-up button for 4-5 seconds till the phone turn on and boot into the recovery mode.
Use volume keys to navigate to 'wipe cache partition.' Use power key to select and confirm. Then reboot your device. Normally, this will not effect any personal data or settings.)
0 Likes
Leven
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Yes the duel apps for Chrome and webview is still there. I have disabled both apps for now
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
Hey how do all these, Amazon,Al life, Antique, Coinomi etc. appear in safe mode. Are they all built in apps? Only built in apps appears in safe mode.
Leven
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
It's on the apps list. It was unavailable on safe mode.