Original topic:

unable to update Chrome and android system webview

(Topic created on: 07-13-2020 03:57 AM)
Leven
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
Using one ui 2.0 on samsung m31. Noticed that the chrome has a duel app symbol on it. I tried clearing cache of playstore and nothing helps 
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
Goto File manager ('My files') >Internal Storage
>Android >Data. You can see a folder named 'com.android.chrome'. Just delete that folder. (If you have any important downloaded files in that folder, move them to any other location before deleting)
>Perform a soft reset.
0 Likes
Leven
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Does soft reset wipes all app data?
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
No. It's just a forced restart.
(Press and hold, power and volume-down buttons together for 15 seconds.)
0 Likes
Leven
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
It's still the same. I don't understand why you android system webview is also unable to update. I've checked this issue online and few people have this issue. I hope I can fix it because I use Chrome as my main browser. Now I have to switch to brave.
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
I think this is caused by some third party app. Please check your device in safe mode.
(Press and hold the power button (🔴 Red button on your SCREEN ). Then tap 'Safe Mode' )
0 Likes
Leven
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
I fixed it, by pressing update all apps on safe mode. directly updates online safe mode didn't helped. I think doing update all option would have worked earlier. Thanks for your help.
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
Has the dual chrome disappeared now? After restarting your device?
0 Likes
Leven
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
No it's still there. And the thing is I never made any duel app. And it looks like only messenger apps can be allowed to have duel apps. It's strange how Chrome has a duel app..
Leven
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Here is the screenshots for the duel chrome
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
Ok. Can you please check whether the dual chrome appeared in safe mode? Please confirm.
0 Likes