Original topic:

swipe from bottom doesn't work when screen rotate is on

(Topic created on: 10-28-2020 06:17 PM)
shishirtanwar
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M

With "Swipe from sides and bottom" it works in landscape mode.
But when "Swipe from bottom" is selected, it doesn't work.
9 Comments
souvik04
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
check it on safe mode.
0 Likes
shishirtanwar
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
doesn't work any way. Actually I'm using Nova launcher for UI which is fantastic. but samsung gestures don't shift. there is no option to switch it off either.
0 Likes
BlackSpectrum
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
tThe position remains same for Samsung gestures it will always be at chin side no matter if you rotate your phone or not you can see the gestures hits when you rotate it is till on chin side , that is how it works if you want switch to google gestures!
0 Likes
shishirtanwar
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
is "google gestures" an app? I couldn't find it.
0 Likes
BlackSpectrum
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
In your video the second option is stock android 10 gestures ie Google gestures 👆
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve auto restart issue please follow below given steps:-

1. Check device in safe mode:- Using Safe Mode on a Samsung phone allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications.
To enter in safe mode:- Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears > Press and hold the power off icon.
To exit safe mode restart the device.

2. Reset the device:- Before resetting, kindly create data backup of your device via SMART switch mobile application or http://www.samsung.com/in/support/smartswitch pc suite.
How to reset:- Settings > General management > Reset.

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app along with short video, screenshot and error log file(Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
shishirtanwar
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Did you even read the post?
this doesn't apply to me in the least bit.
0 Likes
shishirtanwar
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
So guys I just ended up using Navigation gestures - Swipe Gesture Controls! by XDA
Takes a bit of tinkering but is fully customizable.
for UI - Nova launcher to clean up icons (marshmallow icons), removed the dock and get better animations and more gestures.

Samsung One UI turned out to be useless in terms of clarity, icons screen customizations.

Links:
Hope this helps someone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xda.nobar
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher
0 Likes
shishirtanwar
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
This works now after One UI 3.0 update
interestingly it hijacked Navigation Gestures and doesn't let it work now.
0 Likes