Original topic:

slow charging and battery drain

(Topic created on: 09-11-2020 03:53 PM)
Prashantsmart
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
Every Galaxy m31 user facing slow charging problem and battery drain problem after July security patch update please I request to  samsung authority to new software update galaxy m31 device to solve this problems 
Thank you 
7 Comments
veer
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
how much time for full charge ?Battery drain issue most m series mobile faced you may wait for update
and also follow below to step to consume battery
:
• Optimise the device using the device care feature.

• When you are not using the device, turn off the screen by pressing the Side key.

• Activate power saving mode.

• Close unnecessary apps.

• Deactivate the Bluetooth feature when not in use.

• Deactivate auto-syncing of apps that need to be synced.

• Decrease the backlight time.

• Decrease the screen brightness
Prashantsmart
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
that's you suggest me all setting I done but problem remain same
battery hr is 12hrs
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
if screen on time is around 12 hrs then it is good enough
however if you not done do these settings and observe for next 1-2 days

1. Connection>more connections settings> disable nearby device settings

2. Location>improve accuracy >disable
A. Wifi scanning
B. Bluetooth scanning .

3. Google >click on 3dot>usage and diagnostics >off this option.

4. Long press on each app specially 3rd party(LIKE FACEBOOK, INSTA,YOUTUBE) and rarely used and ON "GOOGLE APP" as well then click on>app info> then go to these 3 options below on by one

A. Mobile data> allow background data usage>off

B. Battery >allow background activity >off

C. Notification >disable unnecessary notifications like promotional and unnecessary reminder notifications.

5. Device care>battery >power mode>select "optimised" and "adaptive power saving".

And then click on "app power management >
And enable these 2 options.
A. Adaptive battery
B. Put Unused Apps to Sleep.

6. Go to settings >apps>search "weather" >click on settings icon right side > change "auto refresh" settings as per your requirements and disable some unnecessary reminder.

7. If you use Facebook frequently then disable "auto play video"
And if you are mostly uses mobile on wifi connection then also disable "auto play videos" in YouTube.
0 Likes
Prashantsmart
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
thats not good 6000 mah battery 24hr and also slow charging also problem
I think software problem july security patch I recommend improve m31 device software
0 Likes
Galaxy M
Yes, I am M30s user also I am facing this problem from July 2020 patch update. To day I was charge my phone 73 % and active power Saver mode. but after 45 to 50 minutes its come on 67%. I use only casual apps like WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, and Samsung members. I don't know what is this problem.
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve the issue still kindly follow the given below step:-

1. Charge the device in switch off condition:- Kindly follow the standard charging procedure. i.e; please charge the device in switch off condition for a minimum of 10 minutes.

If not resolved:- (Removable battery) – Kindly remove the back panel of your device and check the physical condition (Bulge, Swelling or visible damage).
If the physical condition is not good:- Request you to turn off the device immediately and please do not try to charge or tamper the battery also request you to visit the service center immediately.

To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report) along with Screen-shots(time taken to charge). This will help us to further investigate and resolve your concern.
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Members_4RJUkBM
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Please provide security update / patch for Samsung Galaxy M31 mobile. I am facing battery charging problem. It charge 5% only in one hour. What to do please suggest. Either provide replacement or resolve the issue.

0 Likes