Original topic:

monthly security patch update in m31

(Topic created on: 07-10-2020 07:58 PM)
mithaliya
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy M
I think Samsung has forgot about galaxy m31 that it exists....
Didn't receive security patch update after 1 April...
Why ..
28 Comments
Soomeet007
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Galaxy M31 is scheduled to receive quarterly security updates. So after April, it should get July update (this month).
0 Likes
mithaliya
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
not recieved yet...
0 Likes
Soomeet007
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
There are still 21 days left in July. It should get an update this month.

Also, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses are operating at reduced staff. So this may cause some delays.
divyenshah
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
If for a new phone they are planning a quarterly update, then for old phone they may not give update. and the covid reason for IT is excuse- WFH is there for them. So pls don't take Samsung side. even I had just switched to Samsung, but honestly I am not even 10% excited for new phone. Can you imagine that for 6000mAh battery, it takes about 3 hrs to charge and it doesn't support fast charge. there is no Camera to API support. I am not against Samsung- but I will not go again for samsung. for me the option are LG, ASUS, NOKIA, GOOGLE PIXEL.
Soomeet007
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
It's not about new or old. It has been like this for years. Flagships and enterprise models get monthly security updates while midrange and budget phones get quarterly security updates.

You'll get quarterly updates at least for two years. After that, it will get updates only when necessary.

P.S. We are talking about security updates here, not feature updates.

Check the official list here: https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb
0 Likes
Soomeet007
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
M31 has 15W fast charging, and you could researched that before buying. Three hours for a 6000mAh battery is quite ideal.

I'm not taking Samsung's side. I'm just telling you what's there that you're not aware of, such as official security update schedule for Galaxy smartphones.

You can always go for LG, ASUS, NOKIA if you want. You'll be proud of their software support🤣And Pixel? Well, there's no M31 competitor there! They only make premium phones, and for a premium price, you're of course going to get a premium support.
divyenshah
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Even I am talking of security updates only. My two year old phone which i had purchased almost at same price was having 4000mAh but with a NFC support. it had options for star trail, light painting, shutter speed. if I compare it with my current phone- there is no advantage. Yes, I had chose M31 by my choise but it wasnt my first choose. I am ok to spend up to 35K, but honestly M31 is not bad-not good phone. even the 64mp camera doesn't support autofocus. I am using it as there is no option for 128gb in Nokia 7.2. So, atleast I am expecting security update. I know on an average max 2 feature updates are supported by major companies.
0 Likes
Soomeet007
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Samsung's security update policy is publicly available at the link I provided above. It's not like they promised you monthly updates before buying and are not providing now.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
not yet received
0 Likes