Original topic:

m51 s*cks, hate Samsung's marketing strategy

(Topic created on: 09-10-2020 12:41 PM)
alex98
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
Why Samsung is advertising that this phone has widevine L1 certificate?
First they removed widevine L1 from m30s and now it definitely feels like that wasn't a bug but a marketing schemes, so that pervious user who were ripped off of this feature can know that the newer device has it and it's time for them to upgrade.
Don't ever buy a Samsung phone ever.. they just lure peeps into their marketing schemes, and then rip people off the most basic feature for which someone might have bought the phone , for example I only bought m30s for its full hd amoled display, I could have gone with lower priced smartphones from other manufacturers with so much better specs.. 2 weeks later they snatched away the feature (widevine L1 certificate) to watch hd content on Netflix and Prime video, this has been the case since may 2020.. and it this was a bug and not strategically put in marketing scheme to make ppl buy newer model. It could have have been fixed immediately. Even we received 2 security updates since may 2020, still not able to watch hd content on a full hd amoled display, and I'm not the only one facing this issue , just go and type m30s on Samsung forum, you'll see it's a huge deal. 

17 Comments
Raviiolii
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
we all should file a lawsuit against the company and make them regret this mistake
alex98
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
yes let's f*ck with their feelings too
Raviiolii
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Yes we should surely **bleep** them uo real good I mean m30s has a capable main camera sensor so it's makes sense to include camera2api but nope they didn't care to enable that also lol I should have just bought the nokia 7.2 but dam thing didn't have the 128gb version 🤦🏻‍♂️ just like you we all payed 17k for a phone that doesn't do one thing right what a waste of money imo
abhi2700835
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
m series is has less profits but Samsung phone last 2-3 yr easily if users won't change phone and company will earn less profits also company can't survive.
same thing mi is doing since years and sending bugs to old devices and android one device also mi phones last hardly 2yr due to poor quality of material atleast Samsung is better
alex98
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
company cannot survive when users cannot trust them anymore and don't buy their device, this is the case for me , never buying another Samsung product ever , also their after sales service is terrible, their service center employees are rude af.
abhi2700835
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Why not spend 4k extra and go with a series its ur fault m series isn't recommended a series is beast
0 Likes
alex98
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
so you are saying it's my fault to expect a full hd amoled panel and being able to watch hd content on it.. it is too much to ask..when they are advertising full hd amoled panel??, so you are saying it's fault fault that I trusted Samsung?
Galaxy M
The Wideline L1 is not removed it is bugged , they addressed it it will be revoked in the next patch .
Same As A50s
alex98
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
been hearing that since last 3 months, let's see how it goes.