Original topic:

m40 fast charging

(Topic created on: 10-14-2020 12:43 AM)
SKSANDEEP98
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
After last system update fast charging  not  working  only slow charging is working in fast charging phone getting to much  heatup and ot was showing the message  use Samsung  charger and  fast charging cable type c. I use another brand  new charger and cable of another  Set Samsung A20s it was showing same massage  but my charger  and cable is nice working with that new Samsung  A20s good . Kindly  resolve it in next update . 
Thanks
8 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
send feedback to Samsung by using get help section
0 Likes
Galaxy M
Samsung Galaxy S
0 Likes
BhanuAgarwal
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Go to settings-》search for usb type-c-》open it and clear the app storage -》Restart your phone.

If issue in software then this should resolve your issue.
I resolved my issue twice and people accepted my this route as solution for them as well.
0 Likes
rajkm008
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Follow these methods your device problem may resolved. i found this at community forum and helped to resolve the many users fast cable charging option issue..

Many users of Samsung Galaxy A series and M series are getting this issue of USB connector Notification and the fast charging is not showing when device is plugged to charge, it just simply shows cable charging.

Steps to follow to get everything working:

1. Discharge battery to 0% and let it shutdown then let it charge till 100%.

2. Power on and use it normally.

3. Don't charge until the battery is less then 15%.

4.Open: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.lool

And Uninstall updates and Reboot.

5. Before charging, GOTO settings > Apps > Show System apps > Device Care. FORCE STOP.

6. Now plug the cable, you will see FAST CHARGING.
The notification will take some time to go away, but it will go for sure.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Samsung customer’s safety is on top priority that is why this concept is introduced with logic that whenever handset temp. or ambient air temperature goes up to certain set limit, then device automatically restrict fast charging or even some time stops charging. But post device temperature reaches to normal after cooling down the set, then automatically set starts charging normally.

Note:- Kindly turn off the handset for 5 minutes to cool down and recheck.

If the issue still persist kindly visit your nearby service center for the physical inspection of your device. You can search for the nearby service center from given link:-
https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
SKSANDEEP98
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
but always fast charging not working even on switch off condition phone getting heatup without charging whether phone use or not, battery was draining continuously .
0 Likes
Galaxy M
samsungA105
0 Likes
Galaxy M
0 Likes