Original topic:

m21 hotspot issue

(Topic created on: 01-23-2021 06:32 PM)
hypnoz
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
Hey guys,
                 I bought a galaxy m21 two days before.i am facing a issue with my hotspot.the issue is when i try to connect the hotspot with my personal computer.i cant able to see my ssid on my laptop
I think my hotspot is in 5GHZ band how can i chage that to 2.4 GHz mode.if u any other solutions please let me know guys.thanks in advance
42 Comments
Solution
EdoMadara
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Bro this issue is not with u alone, all the m30s users like me who've updated their device to oneui 2 are having this issue. Also the issue isnt about the 5 ghz band, at all the 11 channels device provides, the frequency is around 2.4 ghz only, still the issue presists. Only an ota update can solve this.
Also, my m30s dosent support 5ghz and so does your m21 (i suppose)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
mdsarfarazalam723@gmail.com
0 Likes
DEELAKSUB
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

device: galaxy m21

it's the same problem and the weird thing is, i am able see the hotspot's SSID listed on my "amazon firetv". however, the same SSID is not listed on my windows 10 platform.

as already mentioned it is not 5 ghz, it is 2.4 ghz and we need to wait for an OEM update.

0 Likes
Samsung_bOMtdLS
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

When this update will come?

Any idea?

0 Likes
Galaxy M
hey there , I think that our oneui2 has a problem with its settings as we won't be able to change our wifi band width to 5ghz to 2.4ghz as it's already default on 5ghz ..... the problem is we have no advance setting in wifi to change this so that our laptop can support it .....
0 Likes
JK102
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I have same problem.

Is this issue, already solved ?

thx for help

0 Likes
EdoMadara
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Its solved for A series devices. Dunno about M21 and M31 (especially after android 11 update), but its still the same for my M30s. Better use a data cable for now.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Recovery my mdsarfarazalam723@gmail.com
0 Likes
hypnoz
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
hey guys, did they rectified our hotspot issue in this new security patch update??
0 Likes