Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

led notification and AOD problem

(Topic created on: 01-22-2021 01:49 PM)
stefanocps
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

Hello, i am new to M51, got it yesterday. First question: is it normal that no led or other light are showing notifications?if i get for example a watsapp msg, is it notmal that phoe does not have any light blinking?

Then AOD, i have set it on, but if my phone is on the table is always all black. If i tap it then i can see the time and the notification displayed.Is that normal?I want it always visible...

thank you

10 Comments
FuriousøGoku
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Yes, M51 has Amoled display. So, you don't need notification light.

For AOD, open settings in phone and search always on display. So, you got the option. customize accordingly suitable to you.
0 Likes
stefanocps
Active Level 2
Galaxy M

can you explain me why because of amoled there is no need of led?

0 Likes
Galaxy M
mark above reply as answer if solves
0 Likes
Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
no led in m51 or other several a or m series, its remove by company but aod is provided which is better than this, as by led you can only alert new message but by Aod you can also know the message is from which app🙂
Galaxy M
you can change aod settings from tap to display mode to always show mode..and there is no led notification in your device but you can check flash notifications inside accessibility settings

go to settings>accessibility>advanced settings>click on flash notification
0 Likes
stefanocps
Active Level 2
Galaxy M

i have tried to enable this from accessibility, but it seems nothinh happen actually. i don t see any led on when notifications are present

0 Likes
Galaxy M
Am talking about flash notifications(camera flash/alternative way or screen flash)
0 Likes
stefanocps
Active Level 2
Galaxy M

yes, i have done that.  Inoticed that flash light worked, but when the screen is on, not when is off. When is off, no flash , neither small led around the camera work

0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Notification LED is absent in M51, and if you want AOD to be always visible, then go to settings, lock screen, always on display and select show always. Then you will be able to see all notifications without unlocking your device.
0 Likes