Original topic:

galaxy m30 battery draining fastly

(Topic created on: 09-09-2020 01:43 AM)
itsmepks
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
As I bought my phone on September 2019 and after 2 to 3 days of using i found that my phone battery backup is getting low can even survive for a day in moderate use. Then I visited to the nearest Samsung service centre regarding the issue they kept my phone for 1 day. After 1 day they called me to pick your phone and when I visited I asked the service manager/person that what happens to my phone they told me that there is an issue with your phone battery we have changed the battery now you will not get any issue after that I used my phone but after using some months the battery draining problem again starts even can survive for 1 day and this time I cant visit to my nearest service centre because of the lockdown in our country due to COVID19 and the warranty regarding accessories ie. Of six months is over  and I m facing a lot of battery draining issue in my phone as one day I have charged my phone at night to 100% and after completion of 100% i have unplugged the charger and kept my phone side and go to sleep even not used my phone or not put any type of alarm as I  wake up in the morning I saw that the battery percentage was 85% if the phone is unused. If you have some solution regarding this please help me.
10 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
do these settings to save more battery life and observe for next 1-2 days
as per your description main reason is background activity plus other settings

1. Connection>more connections settings> disable nearby device settings

2. Location>improve accuracy >disable
A. Wifi scanning
B. Bluetooth scanning .

3. Google >click on 3dot>usage and diagnostics >off this option.

4. Long press on each app specially 3rd party(LIKE FACEBOOK, INSTA,YOUTUBE) and rarely used and ON "GOOGLE APP" as well then click on>app info> then go to these 3 options below on by one

A. Mobile data> allow background data usage>off

B. Battery >allow background activity >off

C. Notification >disable unnecessary notifications like promotional and unnecessary reminder notifications.

5. Device care>battery >power mode>select "optimised" and "adaptive power saving".

And then click on "app power management >
And enable these 2 options.
A. Adaptive battery
B. Put Unused Apps to Sleep.

6. Go to settings >apps>search "weather" >click on settings icon right side > change "auto refresh" settings as per your requirements and disable some unnecessary reminder.

7. If you use Facebook frequently then disable "auto play video"
And if you are mostly uses mobile on wifi connection then also disable "auto play videos" in YouTube.
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
i want to make you understand that even you close apps but they uses ur battery and running in background unnecessary, see image and read the statement.
2nd due to huge notification enable.
for e.g ; Google has huge notification which we don't need at all see image just scroll down image and check how many notification it does have
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
so if my comments are useful and informative then you can accept as solution by CLICKING on 3DOT at my comments
itsmepks
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
thnks for you help but all your steps are been followed let's see
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
i m sure you will get noticeable difference in next 1 or 2 days.
and if you get then don't forget to accept as solution by CLICKING on 3DOT at my comments
Blackwinter
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
😅
Blackwinter
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
this is a common issue in every mid range phone of Samsung even in my galaxy a50s.
0 Likes
Nikhilknp
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Correct bro, My A50s battery backup is at most 5 hrs without gaming, without Google Assistant, & without Bixby.
0 Likes
Nikhilknp
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Battery Backup is worse in all OneUI phones. But at idle state with internet off its battery doesn't drains.
To resolve the issue update your phone through Odin.
0 Likes