Original topic:

don't update your midrange phones

(Topic created on: 08-07-2021 09:23 PM)
Members_3Ofphlv
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy M

recently i decided that .i don't update my samsung m21 next time .i see lots of m30s user facing restart issue after updating there phones. even some m21 user also facing this issue ..so its better to don't update your phone again if you want your phone survive long time without any issue ..m21 don't have any issue and i don't want any issue because this is my primary device......software updates is not for midrange device. developers never test  it properly for m series so its better to avoid. and samsung developers team actually works for s -a series ....i know you guys tell me about security. but this is my personal opinion ....if you see .samsung always provide bugs with update for m series .....m series also don't have knox security .so software never makes you secure..if you really need security .i clearly say that go for iphone and samsung knox supported device.. ......... .so moral of story is if you want your samsung phone provide you long term service. avoid to software updates..

20 Comments
Jasmeet17
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
without security patch update can you use Banking Apps or even Gpay? I bet its not safe. Also as you have to update some apps and without software update the Apps will began to hang.
0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
In that case, when an update arrives, dont download it. Wait for the news that shows whether its defective/buggy update or stable.

In case it has no bugs, download and install it. (After confirming)
If its buggy/defective, wait for another update.
Jasmeet17
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
none of the software update is bug free. It just depends how less it is bugged.
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
Yes. But this one was reported by many users here itself and its a critical one since it made all their device almost unusable.

Such heavily defective updates should be avoided.
0 Likes
Galaxy M

check out other users post .most of the m series user telling that after update their phone's battery drain faster then before. autorestart .sound problem .camera apps not work properly. etc . .so every updates comes with 90% bugs .and 10% fixes..thats the history of Samsung mseries .

0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
I think many more updates are to come, hope samsung releases a very stable one among them. So users can directly switch to that.
0 Likes
Galaxy M

bro .i want to tell you that upi system is very secure. .so never worry about gpay ,phone pay etc .and i am also using banking apps .no problem at all..if you use custom rom then some banking apps not work...

0 Likes
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
The problem is not with updates
Its a problem with Exynos 9611 used in M30s in the starting
All these issues have been reported in devices having Exynos 9611
Galaxy M

i am agree with you .Samsung exynos 9611 is very bad .but also check m51 with snapdragon 730g  .this device have battery backup problem after update  .checkout community. most of user of m51 telling that they have battery backup problem after updating their phones.......so not only processor. ..every updates of m series comes with 90% bugs .and 10% fixes....