Original topic:

display brightness too much at night

(Topic created on: 06-06-2020 01:17 AM)
sangeethdoha
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
After android 10 update,My phone brightness is too much at night even if I decrease the brightness to low. Before update it was fine and I was able to decrease the brightness to very low level at night but now it's not reducing to low even if i reduce it manually. Somebody else is also facing the same issue? I'm using Samsung galaxy m30s

4 Comments
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
To get full control over the brightness, turn OFF adaptive brightness.
Settings>Display>Adaptive brightness>OFF.
Anyway turning ON adaptive brightness is preferred. It will get adapted to your preferences after some time. Keep on adjusting manually for few days. Thank you.
sangeethdoha
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy M
even tried that but strangely that's also not working for me. still the brightness is not coming low after a level. before it used to come very low before the update .now don't know what happened to Samsung. too much brightness is like irritating at night , specially when lights are off in room
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
Okay then try it in safe mode. (Press and hold, power button 🔴 from the screen) If the problem is solved in safe mode, then it means the issue is caused by a third party app. Find it out and uninstall (or reinstall). If the problem still persists in safe mode also, wipe your 'cache partition'.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Hi, Switch off then switch on phone, See if auto brightness is on, off it. if still problem exists try clear cache
0 Likes