Original topic:

carrier aggregation (lte+) still locked in samsung m30s

(Topic created on: 10-26-2020 11:58 AM)
Mayur1987
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
Samsung does not unlock carrier aggregation (lte+) in October 2020 update for samsung galaxy m30s. Samsung have to clarify that they are going to unlock CA or not in future.
#m30s, #CA, #lte+, #update, #carrieraggregation 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
that the processor capability not modems.. processor supports upto cat 12 modem but finally CA depends on what modem used in device.
A50s has same 9611 but ue-category :6/4 means dual band cat6/4 modem
M30s has same 9611 but ue-category: 4 means single band cat4 modem
Mayur1987
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
u may be right brother, but samsung should clarifying this because when i raised the error report, samsung send me email in which they agreed that they are aware of this issue and soon be solved
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
been raising those since i bought the device in January nearly 30+ on CA same robotic replies but finally from Google search and some techys got this process to check hardware capability and decided it doesn't support. Even before this i used to think same Samsung locked it but came to know hardware doesn't support. Truth maybe bitter to accept but i accepted and moveon to A50s because i fedup with the network issues in M30s.
Mayur1987
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
is latest m series support this like m51 or latest Samsung f41
0 Likes
Mayur1987
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
or move to other brand like nokia
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
I'm a Samsung user from 8 years bro.. only thing i like are SAmoled, knox and bixby routines. That's the reason i stick to Samsung and bought A50s.
Not a heavy gamer so exynos not a big issue for me.
Depends on usage.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
i don't have device to confirm but i saw a YT video M51 supports but have to do some work around not easy for users.. so basically no out of the box. same with F41
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
I'm not regretting purchasing A50s best compared to M30s.. you can go for A series if you want.

this is my 1st impression of A50s

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-A/Samsung-A50s-vs-M30s/td-p/5837570
0 Likes
Samsung_0Vzl6i9
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy M

Right bro

Meghana97
Active Level 6
Galaxy M

Yes M30s doesn't support CA. If at all it supports samsung would have gave it out of the box... its been 1 year since it launched still no update on this so, expecting this now is simply a time-waste thing.

0 Likes