Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

battery backup in M30s

(Topic created on: 07-12-2020 10:12 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy M
In a free time like this I decided to do several tests on my M30s after 7months.

Continue to my previous post... 

Here is the battery backup I got with no power savings. In optimized mode. 
Usage:  29hrs
SoT: 13hrs

Note: After 10 update battery usage in device care is not clear so I used Accubattery app for all my tests. 

Also I seen a hidden setting of high refresh rate whether its really works or not, Idk. I enabled it throughout my test and didn't see any difference in display smoothness or battery backup. Here it is 👇👇

6 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ThisGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
where u find High Refresh Rate in M30s?

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy M
0 Likes
Solution
HarshilDS
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
How to get this high refresh rate setting?

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
sreevijay
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
what 120 hz in m30s 🤔🤔🤔

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
EdoMadara
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Not a surprise, I also found the high refresh rate setting in my m30s. you'll have to use an activity launcher app and find the high refresh rate activity under the settings page. I think its a remanant of the original firmware from where the firmware of m30s was deducted. Devs not always have a fresh new start while developing a firmware, but instead derive a lot of it from the existing devices, which, in this case, seems to be the S20 series, as they were the first to come with android10 and 120 hz. That being said, the setting has no use whatsoever, as obviously m30s' screen dosent support high refresh rate.
Also you can find the option called 'Customize your pixel' which is found in Google pixel devices.
A setting confirming the default NFC, which should be absent in m30s.
Even a Iris registration activity for biometrics, which obviously shouldn't work as m30s dosent have an iris scanner.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
EdoMadara
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Maybe, idk for sure. But its true that devs develop firmwares by taking many parts from any existing firmwares, and i dont think any of Samsung's flagships who came with android9 or lower had a higher refresh rates, so I assumed Samsung took the S20s firmware as a base and developed all other android10 firmwares based on that, as obviously S20 is a flagship, and its development started from like mid 2019 or even earlier. So, It would have surely packed the first oneui2, having 120hz.

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Comments
Solution
ThisGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
where u find High Refresh Rate in M30s?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Under settings from activity launcher
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy M
120 hz????
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Yup.. Under settings in activity launcher. its a option left by lazy developers which doesn't work.
Solution
HarshilDS
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
How to get this high refresh rate setting?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
It's under settings in activity launcher that doesn't work
0 Likes
Solution
sreevijay
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
what 120 hz in m30s 🤔🤔🤔
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Yes. Under hidden settings in activity launcher which doesn't work.
0 Likes
Solution
EdoMadara
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Not a surprise, I also found the high refresh rate setting in my m30s. you'll have to use an activity launcher app and find the high refresh rate activity under the settings page. I think its a remanant of the original firmware from where the firmware of m30s was deducted. Devs not always have a fresh new start while developing a firmware, but instead derive a lot of it from the existing devices, which, in this case, seems to be the S20 series, as they were the first to come with android10 and 120 hz. That being said, the setting has no use whatsoever, as obviously m30s' screen dosent support high refresh rate.
Also you can find the option called 'Customize your pixel' which is found in Google pixel devices.
A setting confirming the default NFC, which should be absent in m30s.
Even a Iris registration activity for biometrics, which obviously shouldn't work as m30s dosent have an iris scanner.
0 Likes