Original topic:

Wifi hotspot network undetected by pc/laptop

(Topic created on: 08-09-2020 08:58 AM)
Subho19
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
After updating to android 10 one ui 2.0, the hotspot network created on my samsung galaxy m30s continues to be undetected by my laptop and pc whereas the other hotspot networks are easily detectable.
Please suggest me some solutions.
I would like to request Samsung to look into this issue and solve the problem as soon as possible.
Thank you.
#samsung #hotspotproblem #m30s
8 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Yes brother after update to oneui 2 there is drastic change in WiFi certification compare to pie. So it has been reported that some users facing compatability issues with network cards. Personally the 2 laptops I have don't have issues. And 1 user reported that he can connect 1 laptop and other laptop not connected. Its compability problem.
Subho19
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
Can you tell me please what could be the solution?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
May I know which network card you have? Even Samsung can't help because its not their issue. I want to give an example with Microsoft. Ms released win 10 ver 2004 in May I updated it in May itself. After that my realtek network card with bt 4.0 can't connect to more than 1 device. Because of this I was not able to use my pods. Ms lifted hands saying it compatability issue realtek is working on it. Its Aug now and still there is no update.
0 Likes
Subho19
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
Currently I m using wifi dongle by tp-link which can detect my other two Samsung devices easily although i used the same wireless connector with my m30s previously..And yeah, my motherboard manufacturer is gigabyte.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve "hotspot" issue kindly follow the given below steps:

1) Reset the device: -Kindly create data backup of your device via SMART switch mobile application or http://www.samsung.com/in/support/smartswitch pc suite.

Tap on Settings>Tap on General Management>Tap on Reset.

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Subho19
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
I have already reset my device but it was not helpful...Still there is persistence of the same issue.
It's not only my problem but also for many others using m30s device.
Please look into this issue and try to resolve it
Thank you.
0 Likes
Anonymuos
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Try updating the network driver of your PC/ Laptop. Control panel> Hardware and sound> Device manager > Network adapters - here you will get the name of the specific network adapter in your computer. Search for network adapter drivers for your Windows version and manufacturer (hp , Lenovo etc.). Download and install the latest driver available.
Subho19
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
ok..i will try and let you know
0 Likes