Before starting I want to mention 1 thing. Though M30s has typical 6000mah battery actual min rated capacity is 5830mah.
And this may differ with other devices. For example full charge capacity for my M30s out of the box was just 5200mah purchased in January. I checked with power meter & USB tester both gave same results. I visited service center regarding this they agreed with my readings and said that rated usage (SoT) given by samsung is 13hrs. So if I don't get that they will replace battery. Also gave written statement with stamp valid 2months which I lost 😅😅. But till now I never got below 13. Generally it will be 15-16hrs even after latest July update.
Battery drain :
So, how to reduce battery drain
1. Keep your location, Bluetooth, WiFi, data and sync off when you are not using. Also WiFi scanning, bt scanning, Google location accuracy in location settings can be kept off.
I never got issues with location in 7months even though this options turned off. If your location is not accurate use Google accuracy and turn it off after completing.
Give location only to those which need it and don't work unless you give.
2. Try some of inbuilt settings given by samsung in device care.
a. Enable adaptive power saving than using medium power saving everytime. You have 5830mah battery & 4/6gb of ram use most of its performance in optimized mode. It will be changed to medium power when not in use, at midnight and battery below 40%.
b. Adaptive battery automatically restricts apps you don't use often running in background. Also you can enable put unused apps to sleep or select your own in sleeping apps. I personally don't enable automatic cause I use utorrent and it won't download if it is in sleep mode. I kept all apps to sleep except utorrent, net speed indicator etc apps which needs to run in background. You can also disable optimize battery usage for this apps.
c. Auto optimisation clears the background apps and optimise settings will turn off bt, sync etc reduces brightness, screen of time etc at midnight. You can also enable auto restart but I want to do it myself. 😁😁
3. Disable background data, running in background for individual apps you don't use often or all apps. Don't worry you get notifications from them unless you turn it off.
I suggest not disabling background data for social apps like whatapp.
4. Some suggest to make background process limit to no. But if you are a gamer leave it to standard as it makes switching between apps tough while gaming. If you don't have games or normal user then you can try it. But I suggest don't do it as there is no impact on battery with it. So, standard limit is best and use most of your ram✌️✌️
5. Use custom schedule for dark mode & blf. So that it doesn't need location service. If you like use dark mode all the time. It also reduces strain on eyes.
Instead of always show you can set it to 1. Tap to show or schedule time
7. Camera light sensor :
The most draining app/sensor if you enable adaptive brightness, smart stay and face unlock.
According to me adaptive brightness was never accurate it takes 5-10sec long delay as soon as I step out to sun and get into dark.. So, I prefer manual controlling.
Smart stay helps to not turn off screen while playing video or any but it only works 5/10 times and doesn't work in dark.
Face unlock.. I prefer to use only fingerprints and the faceunlock in my M30s is so accurate that it even unlocks when you are 5-10m away.. So, no.
8. Sensors off :
You can also disable all sensors by this option which indeed reduces battery drain and also protect your privacy as camera and location sensors are turned off. Use it in night to reduce deep sleep drain.
To enable this go to developer options then quick tiles and enable sensors off toggle.
You can also try emergency mode at night to reduce deep sleep drain.
9. Clear Cache Partition :
Remember after ever update it is recommended to clear Cache Partition from recovery. Unlike other cache ota cache can't be cleared in device care so once after update clear from recovery.
Power off your device then presss & hold volume up and power keys at a time.. release power once you see Samsung logo but hold volume. Once you have entered recovery use volume keys to navigate and power to select "clear cache Partition" .
Now its a new updated system just give it 2-3 days to adopt to your usage.
1. There is not much difference in cable charging and fast charging. For example my M30s takes 2hrs 20/30min for 0-100% in fast charging and 2hrs 40min while cable charging.
Check the time in both and decide yourself. If there is not much difference like me keep in cable it eventually increases battery life or if you feel device is heating while charging turn off fast charging.
2. Don't charge upto 100%. In technical terms lithium battery takes 1 charge cycle for 100% charge and 80% charge takes 0.25. keep your battery between 20-80=60% and don't charge above 80 and discharge below 20. So, even if you charge twice 60+60=120% takes 0.20+0.20=0.40 charge cycle which is better than 100%= 1cycle. It increases battery life for long time.
Even after 7 months my M30s capacity is still 5100mah which was 5200mah out of the box.
if you think battery is draining fast or capacity is decreased after update then battery calibration may needed. After update
1. Discharge your battery completely then full charge upto 100%.
2. After 1st full charge Use this code *#0228# then quick start battery test. You can see difference in battery % but don't worry.
3. Again discharge completely and full charge.
Do this code 1s, discharge & full charge only twice after update and back to 20-80%.
As I mentioned before do this only when you think having battery issues after update.
after discharging to 0 % for the first time,we have to charge it to 100% . then have to apply the code. I applied the code it shown 60% which was 100% just before.But soon it showed 99 % for soo many time, What's nxt should I have to discharge it to 0% and charge to 100 %
I think my m30s battery draining faster after July update...I used some settings before and learn some new from your post and applied those today..let's see how it works.. or I have to go for calibration or cashe clear option.....
Yes after 1st full charge. This method is in android from years, I guess after naugat and recommended by many techy's. What it does is resetting charge cycles from system if cycles are not accurate. So that battery gets correctly charged or discharged.