Original topic:

Suggestion for M21

(Topic created on: 08-04-2021 07:53 AM)
anonymous540
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
Hi, all. I have bought M21 in March 2021. The phone is all good so far. But recently, I am noticing a bunch of M21 users reporting their phones mainly with two types of issues: 1) a pink spot appears and spreads continuously, 2) phone freezing and restarting ( which happens to be the charecteristic problem of 9611 chips) and these problems appear at random times. As I want to avoid these issues, I decided to: 1) not apply ANY update to the phone so that the restarting problem does not occur and 2) take care not to apply excessive pressure to the display to avoid display damage.
I want to know if these, especially if (1) can make my phone last atleast 3 years because I cannot afford to pay half the price of the phone for board replacement or even buy a new phone every year. 
16 Comments
imubu
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
Never buy samsung midrange ohnes🤧🤧
0 Likes
Galaxy M
1. Software updates are important for every single device.
2. As you purchased the phone in March 2021 , so it's under warranty. As of now you can update your device without worries till March 2022. If motherboard fails then you'll not have to pay to change it till 2022. But remember no physical damage should be there in your device.
3. 3 years is a long mark for an Android device. It's upto you , if you can use it carefully then it'll last that long without worries.
4. Pink spot that means display burning is an common issue with every single device comes with amoled display. To avoid that: (i) Don't use sanitizer on your phone , (ii) Don't put too much pressure on your device and specially on your device's screen.
anonymous540
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
I am so scared of OTA updates and this problem that I am now thinking of buying extended warranty for an additional year.
Galaxy M
No need be scared. Anyway. Yes. You can buy it. It'll cost around 1250 for M21. So.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
It can make your phone last but its not recommended to avoid security patches. If you are afraid of OTA update, install update through smartswitch (PC). It will be a lot bigger than actual OTA because in smart switch the whole software is reinstalled in your phone. So, risks are less in case of smart switch.
But if you don't have a pc make sure you do not pause the OTA update while it is downloading to minimise the risk of motherboard issue.
anonymous540
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Can you tell me how to install updates by smartswitch(PC)? I don't know anything about that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
You will have to download smart switch on both pc and android. Connect the phone and update will show up if available.
You will also need a wifi connection because you are going to download the whole software whose size will be 4 or 5 GB. On OTA it would be some 100mbs but on smartswitch the size will drastically increase. This is how it works.
Link to smartswitch for both pc and android: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/smart-switch/
anonymous540
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Thanks. Will give it a try.
animeshmodi
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Never choose samsung again
0 Likes