Original topic:

Some apps got freeze in M31s

(Topic created on: 09-29-2020 10:09 AM)
milanvthakor
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M

I have purchased the M31s last month. Everything thing is working fine in it. But some apps like gallery, duolingo got freeze when I keep this app on foreground and lock the phone. After 10 to 15 mins when I again try to use this open foreground apps, these apps get stuck. However I can scroll down the notification panel, able to click navigation buttons(home, recent apps, back).

Let me explain you clearly, for example I click some picture in Gallery to view, i zoom in the picture now for some reason I lock the screen and leave the picture zoomed in. After 10 to 15 mins I came back and unlock the phone. I got that picture with zoom view. But now I am able to slide the picture. Touch gestures is not working. I need to close the picture and open it again. Same is happening with duolingo, when I leaves the app in between the practice and open it again, I am not able to click the answer buttons. I need to put that app in background and open it again. While writing this issue, this complaint box also get stuck for a minute.

I think this is software issue, you can fix this with next update. I have also tested this scenario with m30s but it is working well in that device.

Thank you.

36 Comments
Galaxy M
You forgot Samsung music, that app also have the same problem. I personally have faced that and I have sent feedback to Samsung, I believe they will fix it soon.
souvik04
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
go to app info, clean cache, forced stop the app and restart your device.
hope your problem will resolved
0 Likes
thisisyash
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Yes brother, yesterday i have bought the m31s mobile and i am facing the exact issue. apps will be struck whenever i unlock the phone. sometimes it works fine but most of the times it hangs.

Ajooba
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
same problem. did you find any solution?
0 Likes
Aaakkuuu
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
same here
loxmaty
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

i have the same issue on my m31s

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
so many are facing this maybe update issue.. send error reports to Samsung via members app under get help
Vinu28
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
I am also having same issue with samsung m31s, screen freezes 70-80 times out of 100 times...
I need to click recent button and then open app again...
Kindly solve this issue on urgent basis...
Param3004
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

That's not the solution. I have 2 M31s. I am facing screen hang issue on both devices. While using any application if I lock the screen or it gets lock automatically after screen time out. When I open the lock screen hangs & if I give command on hang screen. The command works in the background but display remains hanged.

Samsung needs to provide a proper solution for this issue.