Original topic:

Solution for bricked M31 devices.

(Topic created on: 05-24-2020 05:28 PM)
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy M

It seems that the recent software update broke all M31 devices. As of now there is no official statement from Samsung regarding what should be done. 

You people can't go the the service centre due to the ongoing lockdown.

People who have a computer or laptop can fix the issue for time being by rolling back to a previous version of the software.

Just visit this Sammobile page and download the Firmware for February 

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-m31/firmware/SM-M315F/INS/download/M315FXXU1ATB7/321291/

Download the firmware and install it on your smartphone using ODIN, Instructions are available on the Right hand side of the page itself.

Hope this helps you until Samsung provides a fix for this issue.

27 Comments
Akki7005
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Trying since yesterday to download the file,but everytime it failed,Due to Bad Connectivity 

Will you b able to share the downloaded file directly on Email

My Emaid Id

akshaykars782@gmail.com

Galaxy M
download at night after 11. you will get good connectivity speed then.
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
better users don't update their phones right now....
but this too helps ...✌️👍
0 Likes
Nicksonsiji
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Will you be so kind (Humble request) if you can please share the software of M315F_TB7.zip” &

“Samsung_USB_Driver_for_mobile_phones to my mail ID.

I am unable to download via the links given

Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
I'm sorry dude, the files are too huge they can't be sent via mail you'll have to download it.

Try Samfw.com

Their links works fine and they provide a decent download speed.
0 Likes
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
Did you update to June security patch?

How is your device holding up?

please do a review of the update if you have time. A lot of members are asking for feedback?
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Hey there, Sorry for not being able to post regarding the previous update. That update was fine or you can say there was nothing that had changed.

But yesterday's update was different, something did change. The only thing that I have noticed till now is that my computer can't detect my mobile when I connect it via USB and fast charging seems to be disabled. These are the only things that I have found till now. So, don't install the update.

I'm sorry for not being able to post in the forum as I have been not feeling well lately.
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
Thanks for the intel and get well soon 🖤