Original topic:

Solution for bricked M31 devices.

(Topic created on: 04-12-2020 01:55 AM)
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy M

It seems that the recent software update broke all M31 devices. As of now there is no official statement from Samsung regarding what should be done. 

You people can't go the the service centre due to the ongoing lockdown.

People who have a computer or laptop can fix the issue for time being by rolling back to a previous version of the software.

Just visit this Sammobile page and download the Firmware for February 

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-m31/firmware/SM-M315F/INS/download/M315FXXU1ATB7/321291/

Download the firmware and install it on your smartphone using ODIN, Instructions are available on the Right hand side of the page itself.

Hope this helps you until Samsung provides a fix for this issue.

zsidickk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Does this solution fix the problem without loss of data?

yassarvy
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
I did fix this by flashingin above said method. downloaded time was about 4hours. I have 50mbps internet, but downloads at 2-3mbps only. Downloading is only tough job, flashing will be easy if u follow step by step. only two things. have samsung drivers in computer then good with Odin.
0 Likes
Galaxy M

Well, I am not able to download the firmware even after creating a free account it takes me to the subscription page every time.

Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Sadly all these sites require subscription or a premium account if you want high speed download. You can check if there are other sources available
0 Likes
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Here, I found one for you try this one

www.samfw.com

It provides high speed downloads for free
Galaxy M

how much time did it take for you to download this file?

Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
I didn't try this, I am using M30s not M31, I just tried to help you guys so that you can get your device functioning
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
but speeds are too low on sammobile

Go for Samfw.com they provide high speed downloads
Galaxy M
finally I finished installing the new firmware after searching for solutions for a day in worry .

glad that the link worked.

download from www.samfw.com

the download is fast and the instruction details are clear.
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
I'm glad it was helpful
0 Likes