Original topic:

Severe wifi throttling on M31

(Topic created on: 04-23-2022 12:02 AM)
timkamat
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy M
I observed that Samsung is opting for a severe WiFi throttling. On my 150 Mbps speed broadband, i get just 10 Mbps speed on  5 GHz. Turning wifi off and on, the issue is resolved and i begin gettig proper speed. After that, the issue resumes again. 
Found that this issue is prevalent in several Samsung devices that include S21. I found the problem on wife's A50s as well. 
This would pehaps be my last Samsung.
Anyone else facing the error? My son's Motorola and Xiaomi devices provide proper speed. 
6 Comments
Pankaj2379
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
First check that 10 Mbps or 10 MBps. First of all samsung ke phone le inbuilt Internet speed meter ka option nahin hai, so jo bhi 3rd party app rakhe ho uske settings pe jaake check karo megabits hai ya megabytes hai. Theek hai..? Mere paas bhi Samsung ka device hai or mere jio fiber ki speed hai 150 mbps, aur mujhe around 150 mbps bhi mil rahi hai, toh shayad app pe kou issues ho sakta hai or agar kuch hua toh boldena mujhe. Theek hai.
0 Likes
timkamat
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
I'm not a layman not to check those things before posting here. I checked several speed test apps and each of them gives same results. It's the same issue across multiple samsung devices that i checked.
And the spped s are normal 150 Mbps when I switch on wifi or restart phone. They get throttled after that.
Aur Mbps and MBps change on its own kya? Ek baar ek aur ek baar ek dikhayenge? Main jab complaint kar raha hoon to sab check karke hi kar raha hoon. I'm someone who is with tech background and know rhe things you mentioned. And posted this thread after chacking all possibilities
Pankaj2379
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
I have also samsung phone and my friends have also, but no one has ever seen this type of issues. And I told u to recheck everything because I don't want you to go to customer care for this, because they will demand more money from you. So that's it.
0 Likes
ashishjainn
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Same issue with my samsung F62
0 Likes
rishu3007
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Same with my m52, i complaint jio to that your fiber service is not uo to the mark., the service personnel was very tensed that speed in his mi phone was completely fine and my samsung devices were suffering 😂 he was there around 1 hour to try to improve my speed but sadly culprit was my samsung m52 which has been performing worst after upgrade
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. And please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

Step1: Navigate to apps screen and tap on Settings.
Step2: Tap on Connections.
Step3: Tap on Wi-Fi.
Step4: Tap on Wi-Fi network.
Step5: Tap and hold the Wi-Fi network that you're having trouble with until the menu allows you to select Forget Network.

Switch off your Router (at the wall or with the power button on the router) and wait for 2-3 minutes before switching it on. While you're waiting, press the Power button on your mobile device and select Restart.
Once the router has been successfully connected to the internet again, try to connect to your network on your mobile device.
Make sure there is no interference between the router and your mobile device. Concrete walls, fridges, and microwaves can all interrupt the Wi-Fi signal.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.
Warm regard,
Samsung customer support

0 Likes