Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung's response to M30S network issue

(Topic created on: 10-31-2019 04:48 PM)
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy M

Most of the M30S users are facing severe network reception issue and we have seen a lot of members saying the same thing in the forum, even in Amazon.in customer reviews. So I reached out to Samsung after sailes head and Samsung CEO via email. Here I'm attaching their mail response.

Response from SamsungResponse from Samsung

Response from head of After-sales SamsungResponse from head of After-sales Samsung

After-sales responded with a few steps to overcome the network issue. Since i tried it all and failed miserably i didn't give it that much importance. (Please give it a try and if it worked let me know in the comments below )

When it's come to the Samsung CEO office i got a call from them on the same day. I had a conversation with Mr. Gaurav Sharama(Senior Executive, Customers experience Samsung India). I explained to him what we are facing with corroborating evidence and insisted him to go through our forums to get a clear idea. He responded to me, they will escalate the issue to the higher authority and if necessary propound the software team to push an OTA update. Then he connected the phone to the nearest Samsung authorized service center and i talked to the technical expert over there through the phone. I was very skeptical about going to the service center at first since my phone is up to date; there is no point in update the software again at the service center. The technical expert is very confident and asked to bring the phone to ACC. He suggested me to update software and still the issue is not rectified they will proceed with hardware diagnosis. I went there and did the update. Later on, while checking i get to know that the software version is the same as what we received on the 6th of this month. As i dig deeper i found out that they changed the network operator's selection from auto to manual, other than that i didn't find anything special about the software. Anyway, i found significant improvement in network reception and the battery life after this. It is not the best fix but seems like it's better than worse. My theory is that; poor reception is the prime suspect for the mediocre battery life performance in M30s, considering it's vaping 6000 Mah battery, as phone struggle to maintain a stable network.

Both Screenshots shown below are taken at the same , place which is at my balcony.

AFTER Signal  Strength-97AFTER Signal Strength-97BEFORE Signal Strength-115BEFORE Signal Strength-115

Since i contacted Samsung India via email, i didn't post this issue on Twitter or FB. Twitter has a character limit of 280. I already contextualized the matter and any of our beloved members have to summon the energy to edit and post it social media. Let them know it's not an isolated incident and we have to force them to make a fast remedy.

Here is the content-

"Samsung M30 phones trick - Pay high to get pathetic camera performance, poor data speed & bad reception
Here's my suggestion - if you don't want to lose your valuable customers, Samsung Mobile India escalates this issue to the software team which pushes an OTA update -simple, isn't it?"

Resolved!
55 Comments
Mahe14m
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
all the setting they did to me at service center itself. now I'm getting calls are getting paused and disconnected.
Mahe14m
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
I bought my ph on Feb 15th till that day my JIO sim is not reachable or switched off. but at service center they told to not use volte due to network issue from the network provider for AIRTEL.
but we can't change the setting at JIO sim till this day my JIO sim is switched off for 15 days
Galaxy M
finally Android 10 update is here for m30s. with this os update, therez some improvement in network reception. share your experience
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
I wasn't updated my phone since October. I permanently disabled the update using the Samsung package disabler. Now my phone works perfectly fine ( both performance & battery life)

After I switched to Airtel I'm not facing any network issue ⚠️.

My conjecture is that One UI 2.0 will slow down and drain your battery faster and I didn't see any drastic difference in features as well. For me, it isn't worth an upgrade.

what's your feedback?
0 Likes
vineet08
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
wow what a tremendous reply from CEO escalation team. they have told all new thing and settings to us. are they kidding with us. see i am using Vodafone in M30S and i am getting more than 2 signal bars and internet don't talk about that. even i am able to open up a page. but earlier in J7 the same vodafone was working fine with full network bars and internet connectivity was very good.
but after migration from J7 tk M30S my experience is very bad.
but again i did mistake and purchased M31 and again the same network and connectivity issues.
i don't know what will the solution for this.
even company like samsung didn't give any replacement time for new purchased devices. pathetic phones specially M series.
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
That just a corporate charade.They don't care.