Highlighted
Active Level 4

Screenshot_20200116-201552_Samsung Music.jpg

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy M30s mobile. I downloaded the 'Samsung Music' app. Then I downloaded 2 songs from Chrome and placed them in the folder 'Music' in Internal storage. But when I opened the Samsung Music app, I can't find the songs in it. The app simply displays 'no songs'. What should I do to make the app recognise my songs? Please help.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy M30s

Android version: 9.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Expert Level 2
Try these steps -Goto Myfiles>Settings> Turn on Show hidden files>Then look for a (.nomedia) file in Internel storage and delete it.And then check your songs.

View solution in original post

7 Comments
Highlighted
Active Level 6
it's can happen because the file extension may not be mp3.
Highlighted
Active Level 4

The file extension is .mp3

Highlighted
Expert Level 2
Try these steps -Goto Myfiles>Settings> Turn on Show hidden files>Then look for a (.nomedia) file in Internel storage and delete it.And then check your songs.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Active Level 4

Thanks a lot Vicky455... It worked like a charm... Immediately I got my songs!

Highlighted
Expert Level 2
Your welcome.
Highlighted
Beginner Level 2

I am having the same issue and have a S10. The 'Show Hidden Files' button is on, and I have turned them off and on again just in case. Also, I do have a couple .nomedia files but cannot delete them, the message pop up just says the file cannot be deleted. Any other advice?

Highlighted
Beginner Level 2

hello, i have note 9,and facing same issue, I tried the solution you gave, i also tried clearing samsung music data and rebooted the device, tried reinstalling

nothing works

any idea