Original topic:

Samsung music app does not show songs

(Topic created on: 01-17-2020 12:16 AM)
anandmsk
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M

Screenshot_20200116-201552_Samsung Music.jpg

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy M30s mobile. I downloaded the 'Samsung Music' app. Then I downloaded 2 songs from Chrome and placed them in the folder 'Music' in Internal storage. But when I opened the Samsung Music app, I can't find the songs in it. The app simply displays 'no songs'. What should I do to make the app recognise my songs? Please help.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy M30s

Android version: 9.0

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M
Try these steps -Goto Myfiles>Settings> Turn on Show hidden files>Then look for a (.nomedia) file in Internel storage and delete it.And then check your songs.

View solution in context

19 Comments
BadBoyShreyas
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
it's can happen because the file extension may not be mp3.
anandmsk
Active Level 4
Galaxy M

The file extension is .mp3

0 Likes
Solution
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M
Try these steps -Goto Myfiles>Settings> Turn on Show hidden files>Then look for a (.nomedia) file in Internel storage and delete it.And then check your songs.
anandmsk
Active Level 4
Galaxy M

Thanks a lot Vicky455... It worked like a charm... Immediately I got my songs!

_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M
Your welcome.
aariya7
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I am having the same issue and have a S10. The 'Show Hidden Files' button is on, and I have turned them off and on again just in case. Also, I do have a couple .nomedia files but cannot delete them, the message pop up just says the file cannot be deleted. Any other advice?

0 Likes
Mar89yam
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

hello, i have note 9,and facing same issue, I tried the solution you gave, i also tried clearing samsung music data and rebooted the device, tried reinstalling

nothing works

any idea

0 Likes
taaangy234
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

My new S20FE wouldn't recognize any of the *.mp3 files internally or on SD. I tried to toggle the hidden files feature and search for .nomedia nowhere to be found. :(

0 Likes
Cherrie26
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Thanks so much for this! My files were WMA and always worked and then suddenly swapped SD cards after the other one decided to stop working and then the Samsung player wouldn't show my music but deleted the (.nomedia) file and now all my music is back so thank you so much!

0 Likes