Original topic:

Samsung m31 rear camera recording issue

(Topic created on: 03-10-2020 08:12 AM)
mitraxsou
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
Hi, you say that camera is great on this device. I agree, but it can be a lot better. If I take video on this not sure why but it feels like it distorted my video and it's trying to blur the rear objects and humans in the frame. I am suspecting it's due to shift in  focus in very quick time. 
Let me know if it's only me.
15 Comments
raju-83
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Pls report directly to Samsung via Get Help - Send Feedback - Ask Questions.
0 Likes
Galaxy M

Hi there,

Please perform the following steps to resolve the issue:

1- Check the Picture size in camera settings and set aspect ratio.

2- Turn on/off the Auto Flash.

3- Reset camera settings (Open camera app > Camera settings > reset settings).

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > click on “+“icon > send feedback > error report/ask questions).

Regards,
Team Samsung Members

0 Likes
Samsung_eW4MDXD
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I thought this was a defect in first place, but looking at other comments its the recording feature not working properly or the videos taken have flicker effect while focusing.

This is rally not good with such a hype from Samsung about the camera.

Because it happens with the default settings, users are clueless what to do with the settings to make it work properly.

0 Likes
mitraxsou
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
it doesn't help..and i tried on a new phone which is i guess already in default mode. you guys should do a proper testing before release..
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M

The steps aren't working. I have purchased a new phone and while talking on video calls, it is constantly flickering focus. The phone is constantly trying to focus, moving in and out of focus. 

0 Likes
Sinju_VS
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I was thinking of buying this phone. But I find this issue highlighted on couple of video reviews. Is this sorted out ? Or the problem persist ?

0 Likes
mitraxsou
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
it's there...and ram management is also bad..it gets restarted in a say or so...only good thing with this phone is the battery and the screen. photos are also ok..Anyways do look in other reviews as well before purchasing..it might not be with other devices..
0 Likes
HrardikM
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
I'm a teacher and I use the rear camera of samsung m31 to record my Lecture for YouTube.
the problem that I'm facing with it is the recording stops and the camera closes itself and the screen gets lock. I don't get to know this as I'm on the other side of the screen. I continue to teach and when I get down from the stage and go to stop the recording, I find that it is already stop. the screen is off. this has happened a couple of times and I'm very much annoyed as my entire hard work of teaching has no meaning as it hasn't been recorded. out of 45 mins of Lecture only 5 mins of it has got recorded. I don't have a man power to assist me and sit in front of the screen to see of it is recording smoothly
0 Likes
mannu92
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
why front camera of galaxy m31s blinking randomly when it is not in use
0 Likes