Original topic:

Samsung Package Disabler Pro an Outline

(Topic created on: 03-27-2020 10:32 PM)
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy M

The major headache I got after purchasing the Samsung device is that their **bleep** updates. From the first two updates (not major one just Security patches) I realize that it's not going to make my device any better. So I disabled every way to block their updates. I don't care about any security patches or major android update as long as my phone works fine. Even if I impede all the update options I still get notifications every day for updates ( I made a post regarding that as well in the community). At last, the quest for disabling the Samsung update package ended in this paid app.

Similarly, some of the apps like Facebook are preinstalled even if you disable it manually it's supporting pesky packages are still in the memory and eating up space.

Facebook and associated packagesFacebook and associated packages

From the front page of the app by clicking the three-dot button on the top right-hand corner, you can disable all the bloatware at once. For me, it causes a lot of trouble since it removed the Samsung theme and some of the related packages. Thereby my Samsung account goes out of the window. By trial and error method I found out which of the bloat packages can be disabled without creating any inconvenience.

one step to disable all bloatone step to disable all bloat

NOTE- you need to be careful, don't disable any system apps you aren't sure about. For example, you have the option to disable the Android system package. That's the one you never want to remove.

CautionCaution

But you can easily remove the Samsung themes, Galaxy store, Samsung email app, chrome, Samsung gallery, Samsung health service, The one UI home launcher, smart things, sound alive, Bixby (some of the packages mentioned here are applicable for A, S, and Note series). All you have to do is click on the checkbox next to each app. Any package or service on your Samsung device can be disabled and later on, you want to bring back the app or service you can quickly enable it by doing the opposite (untick the box)

Even if you don't have any idea about the package you are looking through. Just click on it and you can see Google it option. which will give you a synopsis of that particular package. No, you know whether it's ok to disable it or not.

20200327_190038.jpgScreenshot_20200327-163158_Samsung Internet.jpg

The Magenta color  title is bloatware by default

Screenshot_20200327-201838_Package Disabler Pro.jpg

For a person without a smartwatch or band, it's bloat. right?

The green title color is installed apps.

Screenshot_20200327-202420_Package Disabler Pro.jpg

Package with red path description (not title)- Disabled

20200327_184115.jpg

when I look back I can't recall any single incident of slowdown or hiccup on my phone. (keep in mind it's not a flagship)

The big question is -Is it worth 250 INR?

That is highly debatable. definitely, there is a learning curve. Now I know what's work for my device and whats not. The battery is going to fade anyway But with proper tweaking and turning, I think I can keep my device smooth and lasting as the first day.

Links-

https://www.packagedisabler.com/#prettyPhoto[portfolio]/2/ 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kinder.pksafety&hl=en_IN 

87 Comments
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
getting rid of
1 Facebook okay
2 Microsoft okay
3 Chrome okay but i like minimalistic design of it ... also bookmarks etc... why Chrome@tom
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
No, I use all Microsoft apps, I also have a subscription. Yes, many do not need, and they must have the option to uninstall it.
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
my Possible Answer for your'big question' would be
Samsung always hounds them(app devs) ..making the app ineffective(Samsung removes the app probably)....so they release new versions ...
here comes the trouble..
the previous version which we paid would not be working properly but now when you ask for license for the new version they will ask you money again ...

usually new versions come after every new phone release.
i heard this is happening from long time...
but
this is could be the -
Best App to disable bloatware in Samsung....
🙂
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
Throughout my journey with Android, I made a lot of investments in the ecosystem from SD maid to The room game. They haven't let me down once. Anyway, let's hope for the best 😃🤜🤛
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
yeah, this is a good investment .🙂

you got Sd maid Pro version and The room game .. cool cool cool. .. 🤯🤸
any more cool apps you could share thier names ... 🙄🕴️🙇👈

also yours posts are interesting.. looking forward to it 👀

yes... hope for the best and prepare for the worst... always been my motto...🔥🤜🤛
ashish2002
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
its really works guys pl try it my phone running very very smooth even while playing pubg it gives flagship level performance by the way my phone is samsung a50
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
😀Good to hear that 🤜🤛
ashish2002
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
I ALSO PROVIDE FREE APK THAT IS TOTALLY SAFE
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
ADB COMMANDS are free to use and there aren't any genuine free apps for this... this one works best
Narayanmk
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
nice but use genuine platform.