Original topic:

Samsung Music

(Topic created on: 05-05-2021 09:38 AM)
KalinduDw
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
Does anyone know how to connect spotify to samsung music app as they shown in screenshot at galaxy store.
4 Comments
nipoo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
They aren't updated Samsung Music to connect to Spotify. I mean connect while you are in Sri Lanka.

This is what mentioned in the Spotify help.

1. Make sure you’re logged into your Samsung account on your device.
2. Log into Spotify.
3. You’re prompted to link your Samsung account.

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/samsung-login-help/
noahm
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
You don't want this really.

The feature is useless.
Someone might THINK user is able to stream/play Spotify music via Samsung Music. That is NOT the case. Samsung Music allows you to search songs/artists/albums in Spotify, but once a song or a playlist is selected, it just forwards the user to Spotify and the songs are streamed via Spotify.
Unless the user has both apps installed in the device, it won't work as well.

Why would someone want to open Samsung Music just to "check" Spotify if they already have Spotify installed?

So basically, USELESS. 🙄
KalinduDw
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
I thought I can stream spotify in samsung music. Thanks for helping bro.
noahm
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
You are welcome!

Yes the advertising is very misleading.

Spotify probably will never allow another party to stream content that is on their own platform.
No music player app is built to support streaming.
Music streaming apps are in a different category.

Unless someone develops a special integration method that would "count" streams on a secondary app other than the original platform and somehow provide the same ad etc. revenue, I don't think this concept will happen.
Plus, I don't think Spotify likes to reduce the number of "installations" of their app and bring in another company to their "privacy", "user information" etc. gathering agreements.

But let's see. May be in the future the tables will turn and something will happen.