Original topic:

Samsung M31 sound problem

(Topic created on: 07-13-2020 07:47 PM)
Samsung_yc3gypq
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

Hello 

I faced twice this problem in my new samsung M31 .... All of sudden entire sound went down.. I went through a long process mentioned. It worked.. I think it is a software problem ...Samsung must resolve this issue..

Here are the steps to fix :

Please perform the following steps that are listed below:-
1. Reset app preferences:
Settings > Apps > More option > Reset App Preferences

2. Try to connect your device with other devices:
Scroll down notification panel and tap on Bluetooth > Searching for devices > Select the device you want to connect to. 01:37
3. Clear paired list:
Settings > Tap on Connection and turn on Bluetooth > Tap on Setting option along with the paired device > Tap on Unpair
4. Clear cache and data of Bluetooth app data.
Tap on Menu (Three dots) > Show system apps > Tap on search and type "Bluetooth" >
Bluetooth > Storage > Tap on Clear cache and Clear Data > Tap on OK
5. Check device in safe mode:
Press and hold the Power key > Power off icon appears > Press and hold the power off icon.
(Restart the device to exit safe mode
6.Software update: >Settings>Software update> Download and install>Checking for software update>Tap on Download.>Tap on Install now.
7. Reset the device settings:
Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset settings
Note : Please create backup of your data before resetting.

4 Comments
ShrikrishnaAL
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
These steps worked for me.
Let us see for how many days it works.
As I m fed with this issue since last 1 month, and this issue has not been redressed even after visiting service center for 3-4 times and keeping phone there for repair for 14 days.
The issue gets solved for 4-5 days and it again reappears, mostly when Call is received or made.
There is no sound, the phone gets hanged and only SAMSUNG in black screen appears in blinking and then after switching on after some time NO Sound, and videos play in auto fast forward mode.
And during this problem, Camera is not able to shoot video.

Samsung must provide a definite & proper solution for this problem and must give a latest Security level update (it is still running on 1 April 2020 update).
0 Likes
ShrikrishnaAL
Active Level 2
Galaxy M

I used above mentioned steps on 16 july 2020 and the problem got solved.

I got update for Samsung M31 (Security level 01 July 2020) and updated on 26 July 2020 and it worked all fine till 28 jul 2020, till 10 am and the problem again started.

Now, my phone doesn't have any sound videos play in auto fast- forward mode Camera is not able to shoot video but can click photos.

I tried to perform the above steps 3-4 times, but still the problem is not solved.

Pl help.

0 Likes
ShrikrishnaAL
Active Level 2
Galaxy M

Samsung guys pl help out....if you are alive.

0 Likes
Diyatete
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
am facing same problem...few days back I bought this mobile..highly disappointed...
0 Likes