Original topic:

Samsung M30s hang and restart

(Topic created on: 04-06-2021 05:48 PM)
Sk555
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
Hi buddies

My samsung M30s often hang and restarts.
Any possibilities to recover my phone?

Also., bootloader option is not working.
I tried by pressing volume + key along with power button. But it directly switch ON the mobile and take me to the wallpaper page.

OS is upto date.

Kindly help me to fix this issue.

TIA
Sk.
11 Comments
IcyJay30
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
No fix, motherboard failure-> ₹9,000
Sk555
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
I'll buy a new phone then
Rather than Samsung.

And never recommend this **bleep** anymore.
0 Likes
MatthewI632
Active Level 6
Galaxy M

We're trying to find a cure/fix for the issue without replacing the motherboard or buy a new phone. Please support us by giving feedback to Samsung Members and posting a possible fix if found. If no cure/fix then we need to take action against Samsung.

MatthewI632
Active Level 6
Galaxy M

So, most likely the eMMC on the motherboard is broken. The only way to fix it is to replace the eMMC by de-soldering the broken one and re-solder-ing a normal one. This type of work can only be done by a very experienced technician and there is no guarantee the device will work almost perfectly like before. In other words, this type of work is quite risky.

WARNING: Replace the eMMC on your own risk. I haven't tried replacing it yet. And always perform this type of work only by a very experienced technician.

0 Likes
Sk555
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Better to throw away this **bleep** phone
Jiyodilse
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
U need to do hard reset your device by odin or via service center...
Need to install proper latest updated OS ...
Sk555
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Mm okkay
I'll try that tomorrow.

Sometimes while auto restarting., it will stuck in Samsung M30s logo.
Then I need to disassemble the device and wait for a while. Later if I turn ON, it will work for sometime and then continue to restart.
0 Likes
MatthewI632
Active Level 6
Galaxy M

Most likely re-flashing the firmware won't solve the issue. Because the hardware (motherboard) has been damaged while installing an update due to incomplete/corrupted files.

MatthewI632
Active Level 6
Galaxy M

To enter recovery mode, turn off your device, then connect your device to a laptop or PC. Press volume up and power button simultaneously until boot screen appears, then release power button and wait until you entered recovery mode.

To enter download mode, turn off your device, then press the volume up and down button simultaneously. While pressing both buttons, connect your device to a laptop or PC and wait until green screen appears, then press volume up button.

0 Likes