Original topic:

Samsung M30s auto-restarting issue

(Topic created on: 09-24-2020 09:25 PM)
Raizin
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M

From the past 3-4 weeks, I am having the auto-restart issue, which varies from 6-7 times to 15-20 times a day. Going through the Samsung community forums, I came to know that this is a problem which has affected many users like me.

So like any other user, I read all the replies/comments and tried all the suggestions like disabling " Auto optimization" and "auto restart" etc.

I also installed apps like Facebook, WhatsApp etc. as suggested by many users. But at the end, me (as well other users) came to the same conclusion that issue still remains the same.

The final two steps were:

1. Sending my log data via Samsung Members app
  2. Visiting Nearest Samsung service centre

The first option, I assume that the Samsung team is accessing log files and tried to get a solution to this blunder (it can be hardware as well)

From the second option also there was no outcome- only a pathetic experience.

The service centre guys performed a routine software re-installation procedure. I am not sure that they were familiar with this fiasco (ideally they should).

The initial conversation started with the argument that I might have done some damage like dropping/ installing malware etc. After showing them the forums, they just ignored their earlier and did what they can. But the problem still persisted.

After asking what to do now, they said that it might be a hardware issue, please extend your warranty and wait for hardware to reach the store (although they are not sure which hardware…which is understandable owing to the fact that they have no idea of this problem) or Samsung solution. They also didn’t let me tell this issue to their senior manager (if any). As per them, they are the only warriors and no one above them is there who can check/ review this issue.

So now I am back at my room, hoping that Samsung may provide some solution soon. 

9 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Even after reflashing firmware you are facing issues then it is motherboard problem.. I don't get it why service centre didn't say this.. Visit another service center and check with them again
0 Likes
Raizin
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Yeah....maybe, since the phone is still in warranty, they don't want to replace the motherboard owing to the costs. I am not sure, but they should state this. I will try another service centre as well....Thanks

TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
Bro try to follow up for either replacement OR voucher/coupon.
carLgrinder
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Bro ,go to device care in settings u ca turn off the autostart there...
0 Likes
Vep
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy M
me also faceing same problem
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologies for your inconvenience. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
y678
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Problematic device and tricky service center! Under warranty I found a restarting problem after OneUI 2.0 update, I had visited nearby service center to solve that issue but they told me that the issue is created by moisture and I need to pay in between of Rs. 1500 to 8500 for fixing. 🤔 I denied. I returned home and started re-using the M30s accepting the problem along with a resolution. i.e. Never buy any Samsung phone! 🙃
MayankJajodia
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
even I have been facing same problem since last 8 months. in May had got the software updated from the service center and the phone was working fine, now again since 1st Jan21 the phone went berserk and would auto restart every min, tried to have the backup and did factory reset which did not help then went to the customer service center who said the problem is with the hardware and the mother board needs to be changed... what kind of a handset is that which has a same problem recurring every 6 months... this really would hamper the image of Samsung as a leading brand... Samsung should recall all the handsets and rectify them immediately... I have atleast 5 phones in the house and all are Samsung, however this is making me look for options with other brands...
Mayank
0 Likes
Members_jNmPK2K
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I also have been facing the same issue with Galaxy M30S model since 16th JAn 2020. 2 months back only 1 year warranty over.

I too tried all work around with suggested settings in this form and other forums as well but no luck and problem still persist.

Then yesterday I visited Samsung Service center and after reinstalling the software and all rests, today they confirmed that Mother board to be replaced which would costs round 8 to 9000 INR and I denied. This is huge amount for the 14000 value phone. They out rightly saying that they are not authorised to repair any parts and only part to part replace.

This is not at at all expected from SAMSUNG.

Venkat

0 Likes