Original topic:

Samsung M30s October security update

(Topic created on: 10-17-2020 05:14 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy M
So as we all know M30s got October security on 15th October which I didn't expected so soon but its Samsung anything happens. 😂😂
Same like before June and July now we got 2 security updates September and October in same month. 

It's just a security update so, don't expect something new. 

I want to highlight some of the points or issues I observed.

First things first 

1. Restart :
 As usual smartswitch pc is still abnormal and gave me bootloop. I have to use odin again to update. It's smartswitch issue not update. Once update is done I didn't faced any restart /reboot issues.

2. Bloatware :
 As I already have phonepe and I use it I didn't got any other bloatware but from other users I came to know only phonepe added. So, I didn't noticed.

3. Hotspot :
 Yup still I don't have any issues with hotspot and I can easily connect my laptop and pc to mobile.

4. Network issues :
 Increased further. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Starting from June with every update network issues becoming worse. You can say that its network provider issue but trust me i used my same airtel, jio sims in S9, J7 prime, ON Nxt and vivo v15 Pro none of the mentioned devices has issues and I can get min 16mbps on same sims in those devices.
In M30s airtel not at all giving net after this update and jio at 500kbps.

5. Connectivity :
 No, I don't have hotspot issues. But if you saw my previous post I mentioned I have WiFi issues it's still same stuck at 20-30mbps where others can get 50mbps.
BT - last update fixed my bt issue and for 10days not a once bt disconnected while using my headsets and buds. But after this update in 2 days they got disconnected more than 20 times.

6. Camera :
 I observed that quality of pictures in 48mp mode is reduced. I see at 1x zoom itself picture is somewhat blurred which didn't happened before.
 As confirmed by other front camera quality also reduced.

7. Ui lags :
 Compared to before I see some lag while scrolling, gaming. 

8. Dolby / audio :
 If you are regular user of music, movies with headsets like me then you may observed or its me.. But I feel the audio quality is reduced. Dolby doesn't provide that feel and bass which I used to get before. I have JBL BT headset, realme buds q at 30% itself audio used to be loud with balanced bass and treble. But now even at 70% I can't hear vocals clearly.. Some noice or something is not good. Same headsets working fine in other devices and I tested with my friends apple airpods 2 and Samsung buds only issue with M30s.

9. Battery :
  Backup is not bad. I didn't played games much just for 1hr/day and used YT, hotstar and prime much in these 2 days. This is the SoT I got with my usage.

It took 1hr 37min for 67% in fast charging.

Deep sleep drain : 
First day 6% in 8hrs and second day 5% in 10hrs.

Edit : 19 Oct. So 2 days I was free and played Wcc3 online for hr and normal for 3hrs so total 4hrs gaming avg in 3days.. 

Deep sleep drain :
 On 17oct 4% in 8hrs 25min. And on 18 Oct 9% in 14hrs 45min. 

10. Ram management :
  Ram management became worse in my device not able to use more than 3 apps in background.. Every 4rth app closes and restarts when I re-open. Yes background process set to standard only I don't or never change it. And avg ram consumption raised to 3.8gb seriously before it used to be 2.8gb max.... I checked memory details and nothings wrong with that but some hidden process or a bug. 

11. Messages :
 Users feel that something new in messages app but no useful cards is available before also.. Now UI just shows information of useful cards. That's it nothing new.

12. Calling :
 The audio quality on call is drastically reduced. Before the audio quality is so good that I can hear voice even in heavy traffic or on bike. But now even in house without any disturbance also callers voice is soo low even in full volume.. For this I have to use headsets or put the call on speaker with low volume setting. 

13. Biometrics :
 Yaa no issues in unlocks but if it was a single app issue I would not have complained. All banking apps and biometrics enabled apps like gpay, paytm, kotak etc and WhatsApp has a delay of 5-10 sec to ask for unlock and to detect finger.. 

These are my observations.. Mention in comments if i missed any.. 🤗🤗
82 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Samsung device care me SoT from last charge miltha kya nahi, charge speed diktha kya nahi, temperature nahi, aur oneui2 se daily SoT dikra he 😅😅 uske liye digital wellbeing he naa.. Isliye accubattery prefer kartha hu.. Enough reasons? 🤔🤔
Tikunwengsu
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
dekho re bhai sabhi alag....alag opinion hota hai thek hai aur wahi baat hum simple user hai thek hai aur jo default hai wahi rehene dena cahayae aur toh wese bhi 3rd pary apps kaa koi bhorosha nahi let it be...
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Haa ye mera opinion he.. Except Accubattery leave karke pura review pado.. Acha nahi tho batha do.. 🤪🤪
Tikunwengsu
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
baat aacha yaa **bleep** kaa nahi baat samaj ki hai 😅
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Maine Leave ko hindi me likha beep aya.. 😅😅
So, edit kia🤪🤪
Tikunwengsu
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
nahi bhai hum yeh likhe thae 20201017_160402_2786.jpg
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Acha.. Ye server issues kabhi solve nahi hoga bahut slow he.. Members app.. 🙄🙄
0 Likes
Tikunwengsu
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
haan!!
0 Likes
Sumitpatel
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Samsung does not deliver a reasonable update for us, the developer team deliberately decreasing the performance of our phone it's already discussed subject in public and everywhere, currently contends on iPhone in the US and they accepted this notion. So, Samsung running on this way we should aware and push up our scepticism to the Samsung.
Sumitpatel
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Send error report write down, this problem and circulate much more.
0 Likes