Original topic:

Samsung M30s Motherboard Issue

(Topic created on: 10-25-2020 10:25 PM)
RajeshwarReddy
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

Yes, I also got a minor update notification ( security update ) after the update my mobile crashed and stuck on the Samsung logo. I am unable to do factory reset or recovery.

Samsung Care told me that the motherboard issue and which costs me Rs 9000+ INR, my warranty got expired couple of weeks ago. I brought this mobile during last year's sale period. Is this a pre-planned activity?  to send an update and crash all the phone? so that everyone will purchase hardware? 

I don't see these types of silly issues in Chinese phones. Still I am confused about how the security can crash the motherboard... Samsung please stop cheating people.

60 Comments
Vishnu15
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Have u updated ur last update via mobile data? If yes, that's where the problem started... Downloading updates via mobile data or wifi can cause loop holes in it and those can damage the hardware permanently which happened in ur case
Please do understand, Samsung releases non A/B partition updates. So there no other channel by which ur phone can run if software causes some damage.. but Google is mandating every OEM to make A/B partitions in every phones running Android 11
So please do update ur mobile via smart switch or odin or visit ur nearest service centre to get updated
It is free of cost within warranty period and costs Rs. 235 after that
P.N
1. The latest Smart switch seems to have some issues with it
2. Using Odin without proper knowledge can lead to bricking of ur device and can render it unusable permanently.. please be careful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M

wifi updates are stable but mobile data has problems 

0 Likes
Vishnu15
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
yup... but even sometimes i have seen people complaining using wifi too... if ur wifi is stable well enough then there will no problem...
0 Likes
divyenshah
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
but then company shall not provide OTA update. Previously Asus was not giving update via OTA for their first midel- zenfone 5
Moose_1
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

How does a consumer know to not update using mobile data. & Why people just assume that everyone has purchasing capacity or need for broadband. I just own mobile phone & mobile data. How the hell am i supposed to update my device?

Only reason i purchased a samsung device is due to anti chinese wind.

Vishnu15
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
There's no problem in u updating minor updates with mobile data... but a big OTA update needs a good wifi or to be updated via smart switch or u can simply get updated via nearest samsung service centre. I m not saying all updates contain only bugs. But there r many chances with a big update
0 Likes
visht2225
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Updation at service centers is free of cost
0 Likes
Vishnu15
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
That's within the warranty period... after that u ll be charged around Rs.230/-
0 Likes
visht2225
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Pls reverify from the service center, it's free of cost even after warranty is void. They cannot charge customers for software update!
0 Likes