Original topic:

Samsung M30s Motherboard Issue

(Topic created on: 05-07-2021 11:17 PM)
RajeshwarReddy
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

Yes, I also got a minor update notification ( security update ) after the update my mobile crashed and stuck on the Samsung logo. I am unable to do factory reset or recovery.

Samsung Care told me that the motherboard issue and which costs me Rs 9000+ INR, my warranty got expired couple of weeks ago. I brought this mobile during last year's sale period. Is this a pre-planned activity?  to send an update and crash all the phone? so that everyone will purchase hardware? 

I don't see these types of silly issues in Chinese phones. Still I am confused about how the security can crash the motherboard... Samsung please stop cheating people.

60 Comments
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We would request you to kindly send us the screenshot, video and error log file with in 15 minutes of issue occurrence through error report section from Samsung Member Application:-
Samsung member application > Click on get help > Send feedback > Error report, so that we can help you out with this.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
visht2225
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Please provide a method to send screenshot , video and error log file when the device is unstable/unusable /restarting automatically!
ameen7
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Samsung must own up responsibility to rectify the issue both hardware/software caused by software update, free of cost..
In M series after update occure same problem many users .
ShivamP
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy M
Same problem and same situation is also with me.its suspicious because so many people is facing this problem.after they install new update phone starts lagging stuck and finally hardware problem and when u visit customer they said ur motherboard is finished.give 8-9 thousand.
sanjaynil
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Exactly same problem with my M30s too.

Just after 2 months after warranty ended, the mobile crashed.

The Samsung service center is saying the motherboard and charging socket are damaged, and they may cost around INR 10,000, which is almost 80% of the cost of the phone!!

Surprising to see so many of us are facing same issue with same lot of these phones.

Definitely something suspicious, as similar problem with many + these folks are charging way too high for parts. So they are covering up for discounts.

They are taking disadvantage of "Make in India" sentiments.

Really did not expected such an event with Samsung. I will now think multiple times before buying a Samsung product. #BoycottSamsung

Devilzone
Active Level 3
Galaxy M

Hello,

I have been facing the same issue on my Galaxy M30s since October. Moreover, it was my first Samsung phone which I purchased because I trusted the brand. My warranty got over in October this year and I started facing problems just a week or so after that, especially after some update I received. I visited the service centre and was informed that it was a mother board problem. The cost of repair would be Rs.8900 which is 50 percent of the cost of my phone! I have never faced problems with other brand phones that I have been using for years. Samsung cannot be trusted anymore. Purchasing a samsung device and trusting the brand was a big mistake I did. Thoroughly disgusted with the company. Seeing so many others facing the same issue makes me suspicious that either this problem is deliberate, or Samsung does not care to fix bugs in its sub Rs.20000 phones or the quality of hardware used by the Company is very poor. 

Galaxy M

Dear Samsung service support

I am also facing the same problem with M30S that I bought as part of special sales from Amazon 1year back. It's showing the Samsung logo . Again and again . Your team said it would be software issue then they said after checking that motherboard is to be replaced @ 9000+tax. It happened correct one year later . The time that the waranty is over. I also think this is a company conspiracy to get hardware changed correct after the warranty period or there is mather board manufacturing issue . Every one is complaining this same issue in this model phone. There was no issue with the phone all of a sudden this complaint came ,instead Paying such a hefty amount to repair we can buy low cost Indian mobile brands 

Sachin Joseph

helpless customer 

Mobile 9445967794

0 Likes
Samsung_n8uw8dY
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Yes I too have the same issue. For no reason the motherboard is gone and it is costing too much to repair. Got to know the entire mseries is a scam to give cheap phones and them earn on repairs.

arg9954
Active Level 3
Galaxy M

hi friend even i have m30s and facing the same issue from last oct but seems like Samsung have not taken note of the issue so to make Samsung know of the issue please tweet your problem on official Samsungindia twitter handle i have already tweeted if many people tweet their issues then surely Samsung would take some action so please go and tweet

0 Likes
Samsung_ml3qbyA
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I have purchase Samsung M30S on 05.10.2019 with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal. Soon after 1 year 3 months my phone started to restart several time and eventually the phone got dead and most of the M30S user face same issues. I have visited samsung authorized service center nearby and they told that this is due to Motherboard issue and it costs 8500. My phone screen is proper, Charger is proper, i never use power bank or any other chargers inspite of that my phone got this issue, this may be due to lack of quality maintained by samsung. I also tried to reach samsung customer support but no proper respond from there end.

0 Likes