Original topic:

Samsung M30 Bottom right Touch screen is not registering on new Android 10

(Topic created on: 12-26-2019 12:52 AM)
No-Nickname
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
Bottom right of the screen is not registering touch. On any horizontal or vertical position, bottom right is not registering touch. I hold horizontally or vertically, the bottom right area of  any holding position is not working.

There is no physical damage. I think this is android 10 problem. This started occurring since i updated the m30 to android 10. Android 9 was working fine. I tried the phone in "safe mode", problem still persist. Therefore this not a tempered glass/screen protector's problem.

I think this is the problem of accidental touch protection on new android 10 update. 

In the screenshot I provided you can see the area of problem. I turned on the "show taps" and "pointers location" in developers option and Surprisingly they were showing positive results. These screenshots are of the test. Screen IS receiving touch input but it is not registering it! This is definitely new software problem. I am suspecting "Accidental touch protection" or new gesture features in android 10.

I have certain application in which i need that area to work. In the screen recorded video i provided you can see that i am not able click "run" but "show taps" and "pointers location" are working properly.

Update: problem is fixed in new update.

No-Nickname
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
umm.. did you watch the video i provided in the post and the horizontal screenshots? its not working.
0 Likes
ronzz
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Bro it is a bug in old screen gestures after android 10 update...Most users are facing this issue ..So Use navigation buttons or new gestures till bugs get fixed.
SanjeevPrabhu
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
I have the same problem bottom right touch screen is not registering after the android 10 update. Its honestly so frustrating. Hoping someone from Samsung replies and solves this issue asap!
No-Nickname
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
update: this is the reply i got from Samsung
Galaxy M
Have you tried Factory reset?
0 Likes
No-Nickname
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
creating backup, will reset.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
if the issue exist after it then tell me👍🏻.
Simmi11
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
I m also facing the same issue after updating the phone
No-Nickname
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
hopefully it will get fixed in next update.
0 Likes
No-Nickname
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Update: problem is fixed in new update.
0 Likes