Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy M30s Critical Battery Drain After Android 11 & One UI 3.0 Update

(Topic created on: 02-15-2021 04:06 PM)
kenomatic
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung,

Since the Android 11 update, all Samsung M30s devices are experiencing battery drain. I noticed that there are several users in this very forum reporting the same issue. I called up Samsung India customer service, but they have no clue about it too.

• Before update - Full charge lasted for 5 days.
  • After update - Full charge lasts only for 2 days.

And to all the customer support executives, asking me to check battery settings, background apps, and storage caches - yes, I did verify that all such settings are at recommended state. I haven't changed anything after the update, so it's definitely a bug in the Android 11. Or One UI perhaps.

And to the customer support executives, who is getting ready to paste the template that links to this FAQ, please read ->  Yes, I have medium power saving and adaptive power saving enabled since Android 10. I haven't changed the setting after the update too.

Samsung, please help. Please give us a solution or status on any upcoming hotfix for the least.

21 Comments
Galaxy M
emoji stickers not working
0 Likes
kenomatic
Active Level 2
Galaxy M

Please create a new thread for issues that are not related to battery drain, so that you will get exclusive help on that issue alone. This post is about the battery drain issue.

0 Likes
ndjf
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Before update, battery lasted for 1.5 days and now also, 1.5 days, so no difference. But, the main difference is that after this update, phone is very smooth and bug free.
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
5 days 😱
and now 2 days😱😱 amazing
this is screen on time?
0 Likes
kenomatic
Active Level 2
Galaxy M

I use my phone rarely Ehsank. It stays mostly on standby. Calls, SMS, and some light browsing (not more than 30 mins in a day). And since the 11 update, it's just calls. I am positive this is related to the update because, my friend who owns an m30s is experiencing a sudden battery drain after the update as well.

Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
ohk dear if you want then please do all the settings and observe
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
if you not done yet then do some settings to save more battery life and observe for next 1-2 days, it will give a noticeable difference

1. Settings>Connection>more connections settings> disable nearby device settings.

2. Settings>>Location>improve accuracy >disable
A. Wifi scanning
B. Bluetooth scanning .

3. Device care>battery >power mode>select "optimised" and "adaptive power saving".

And then click on "app power management >
And enable these 2 options.
A. Adaptive battery
B. Put Unused Apps to Sleep.

FOR ANDROID 11;
A. DEVICE CARE > Battery>Background Uses Limit > Put Unused App to Sleep
B. Device Care > Battery> More Battery Settings>Adaptive Battery

4. Long press on each app specially 3rd party app(LIKE FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE) and rarely used apps and also ON "GOOGLE APP" as well, then click on>app info> go to these 3 options below on by one

A. Mobile data> allow background data usage>off

B. Battery >allow background activity >off

C. Notification >disable unnecessary notifications like promotional and unnecessary reminder notifications.

5. Go to settings> privacy > permission manager > location> and check which app have accessing your location all the time and if you not using that apps much, then deny access or set as " allowed only while in use"
As unnecessary location access by 3rd party app causing battery drain.

6.  Go to settings > Google > on device sharing> check which 3rd party apps present there for e.g. if you use paytm , paytm will  shared data to show recommendation and suggestion which also cause battery drain

7.  Go to settings > account and backup> Manage account > check which app syncing automatically there, and if any app which not necessary to auto sync then click on it and "disable sync"

8. Go to settings >apps>search "weather" >click on weather settings (icon)> change "auto refresh" settings as per your requirements and disable some unnecessary reminder. ( due to auto refresh it continuously consuming battery)

9. If you use Facebook frequently then disable "auto play video"
And if you are mostly uses mobile, on wifi connection then also disable "auto play videos" in YouTube.

10. Settings>Google >click on 3dot at right top corner>usage and diagnostics >off this option.
0 Likes
kenomatic
Active Level 2
Galaxy M

> Device care>battery >power mode>select "optimised" and "adaptive power saving". 

This setting has been removed in Android 11, it seems. Adaptive power saving is a standalone setting now.

Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
yes dear

FOR ANDROID 11;
A. DEVICE CARE > Battery>Background Uses Limit > Put Unused App to Sleep
B. Device Care > Battery> More Battery Settings>Adaptive Battery
0 Likes