Original topic:

SAMSUNG M31S hanged in boot up screen and stuck there even after hard reset. ( 1 year 2 week old)

(Topic created on: 09-16-2021 12:12 AM)
Members_ha8LL7L
Beginner Level 5
Options
Galaxy M

Hi all,

I have purchased Samsung M31S on 21 Aug 2020 from Amazon. I didn't face single issue till 10 sep 2021 and all of a sudden it stuck at boot up screen and when i do hard reset, again it stuck at boot up screen. I am pretty normal user in terms of using the phone. No games, never played any video game, dont have any songs or movies stoed, limited number of apps and my storage is 6gb and 128 GB and i uploaded the photos and cam videos to google photos and cleared the memory frequently. I have purchased this phone mainly for battery, camera clarity and last but not least " Reliability" ( Brand : Samsung).

Inspite of all this care, my phone failed to start up after 1 year 2 weeks. I have opted for samsung pick and drop ( Rs 199), after 1 day they informed that my mother board has gone and it needs 9k to replace it.  This happened to my wife phone 3 months back ( M30s) she moved to motorola ( which gives clean android and better reliability). Samsung lost its reliability with samsung M series. when i checked with local vendor they did some replacement for 1.5k in my wife mobile and we exchanged the phone for 4k in amazon. The local vendor is claiming that all M series have mother board problem between 1 to 2 years and they are saying due to some folded version of the chip and now replacing with l shaped chip which i didnt understand. Samsung should look into this issue and if it is their side reliability issue on chip they should replace with nominal cost of 2k else it is going to lose majority of customer in coming years. I am gonna tell my relatives or close 10 friends about this issue happened to me and for my wife. I m gonna post it in social media itself so called others with M series with lot of problem which silently didnt complain and moved away to other phone. lets see whether samsung regain its reliability in coming year or end up making substandard products.

12 Comments
jacKy144
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
I have m31 just whenever u going to buy phone go for offline u can see by ur self but online if u buying add 1 yr more protection to phone i dont see any problem till now just sometime lag otherwise no problem
Galaxy M
It is your own assumption only its not related to online or offline!
Galaxy M
do not buy samsung any M & F series!
do not go with any samsung phone with exynos otherwise will face any kind of issues sooner or later! Mind it!
Do not buy samsung phones with core ui!
Do not buy samsung without latest & basic feature!
& if you want to buy any samsung phones think 10 times more than you usually think
Buy samsung phones if you love samsung more than your hard earned money!
Buy samsung if 5-10 k more price with less features doesn't matter for you!
Galaxy M

if you really need reliability go for Apple. because apple products are safe .or if you have lower budget go for oneplus. personally i don't believe samsung now .because of their cheap quality parts .

animeshmodi
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Now never choose Samsung again
BSPARMAR
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Yaa i also faced this issue now days wid my samsung m30s... samsung doing wrong bussiness pratice. They spend crors rs for advt. But not sloving problem of customer who purchase samsung phone. Shame on this dont buy samsung phones.
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
This issue have been reported here a number of times by others too.

Samsung just doesn't want to resolve or look into this. Its clearly their mistake which occurs right after an update (and will not able to downgrade to an older version even from service centre). The only solution is to replace the motherboard according samsung.

Never choose samsung again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Don't go fr m and f series .

Buy A series even though some A series run on one ui core just like m and f series they are very well optimized
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,   

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!  

We apologize for your inconvenience. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.  

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support