Original topic:

Restart problem in Galaxy M21

(Topic created on: 09-16-2021 08:53 PM)
ratna_1
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy M

I have a samsung m21, bought last year. It was working fine just upto a few days, until a firmware/software update from samsung was installed. This update seems to be the lastest september update from samsung, and immediately afterwards phone keeps restarting after usage.

• Tried safe mode - Did not work. Does not seem to be a third part app issue
  • Wipe cache partition - Done as can be seen on tutorials. Hold volume up and power and then wipe cache on boot. No luck here either.
  • Factory reset - Just as a fools final attempt

Nothing works. And there is no direct way to rollback any updates. I can see multiple restart issues here, but for me, this seems to be directly linked to the september update. Restarts started the next day after the update was installed on phone. 

This is pretty irritating, and warranty is over too. If cant figure out anything else will have to go for service I guess. But absolutely last time buying a samsung in our family. Had history of issues like slowness,  bloatware and other issues but this is the last straw, not sure what will be to cost of repair, which ideally should be free and seems honestly intentional. We have used few one plus models for more than 4 years each and not a single issue compared to this we have faced.

20 Comments
sfxut03
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Have you installed your last update via Smart switch?
0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
Are telling everyone to get a PC for that ?
Why can't they update it via OTA just like every other smartphone brands...
0 Likes
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
This is an exynos 9611 problem, and we need to raise the matter on social media platforms, raising it here will not help
Samsung is loosing under 20k
Lekshmanan
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
Have You Intalled Yr Update With Stable Network ?
0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
This issue have been reported here a number of times by others too.

Samsung just doesn't want to resolve or look into this. Its clearly their mistake which occurs right after an update (and will not able to downgrade to an older version even from service centre). The only solution is to replace the motherboard according samsung.

Never choose samsung again.
animeshmodi
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
It is because of last update. Samsung wants you to change motherboard for 6k-8k .

This is Samsung, never choose Samsung again
AnjuSanklecha
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy M
I contacted es_techco before. He needs proof and details of people facing the issue. This is my another phone, I'm Bhavya jain.
Can you ask him?
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for your inconveneince. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,      
Samsung Customer Support   

0 Likes
RuchiraMadusanka
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

My phone is Auto restarted.whats this problem. Please settle this 🙏