Original topic:

Poor network reception on Samsung Galaxy M30S

(Topic created on: 10-13-2019 10:14 PM)
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy M

I have been using the phone for the last 10 days and what I have noticed is that the network speed and stability of the network are very bad compared to other branded phones I used before. Usually, the LTE speed and coverage inside my house and On the balcony are pretty stable but when I changed to M30S the network will shuffle between E and H+ and from time to time, it goes to LTE with the low signal (Normally 2 out of 4 bars). Since day one i noticed it and after 2 days i got an OTA update of 110 MB and it made some performance improvements and came with August's security patch. When i go through the customer review on Amazon i get to know that it's not an isolated incident. A lot of customers are facing the same problem.

Just see the picture below 

Screenshot_20191013-162455_Amazon Shopping-COLLAGE.jpg

As the issue persists i contacted Samsung customer care and the representative asked me to perform certain troubleshooting's which are
1-Reset network setting.
2-Go to Safe mode and check the issue persist because it may be due to some other APP's running in the background (usually third party apps)
3- Factory data reset.
4-Finally take the device to the Samsung service center.

I tried the first 3 steps and guess what? Again back to square one.

I tried the network reception with other brand phones and interestingly M30S had only shown network issue and the worst part is even in the city the reception is pretty bad. ( I used Asus max pro m1, Honor 9 lite, and Poco phone for comparison and shown the picture of max pro m1 only )

The below given screen shot shows the signal strength of both phone from same location.The below given screen shot shows the signal strength of both phone from same location.

M30SM30SMax pro m1Max pro m1

See the values of network strength.M30s always gave me above -100 and for other brands most the time stayed within -100

below  -100 and more considered very bad 

For me, it does not seem like a hardware issue and i would like to know other members in this community facing the same issue as me? 

If there is any representative from the Samsung software department is in this community, With all due respect, I demand them to escalate this issue to the higher authority and Push an OTA update as soon as possible.

123 Comments
rinshadskz
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
I am facing the same problem
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
same here network problem, when i use my simcard in j7 prime 4g network working smoothly, but when i put sim card in m30s its goes to h+ only ,
dev2428
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
very poor networking specially in internetspeed.
Ron1988
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Same here M30 too. . 

old samsung have better data network

Samsung_6fUMMAL
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy M

I been using Samsung galaxy m30s for more than 3 months..Such a bad cellular reception. I nearly lost 200 GB of data due to poor cellular quality. I literally have to click on aeroplane mode for 15 times to get full bars...I hate to be in samsung community.. Such a poor build.. I moving to different phone and dumping this phone...I can't even get my call's right... If I could have used profanity. This comment would be a different story.

Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
🤕
0 Likes
Samsung_EnWOCor
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
Me too same issue even my 2017 old vivo phone showing good signal range please Samsung fix this issue in update I spend 14000 rupees for this mobile until now I'm suffering for internet my friend buyed redmi note 8 pro in same price he is highly satisfied with his phone it showing full signal range mine is not even single bar
Samsung_aPiN7KX
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I have same issues what is the solution. Pls help

Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M

There is no proper solution either change your phone or switch to another network carrier. I was using Idea and switch to Airtel worked for me. The worst part is Samsung not even ready to address the issue ⚠️
Sumitpatel
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Nice test,Samsung has worst network reception not only galaxy M30s, either many more devise has same problem