Original topic:

Poor network reception on Samsung Galaxy M30S

(Topic created on: 01-15-2020 09:49 PM)
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy M

I have been using the phone for the last 10 days and what I have noticed is that the network speed and stability of the network are very bad compared to other branded phones I used before. Usually, the LTE speed and coverage inside my house and On the balcony are pretty stable but when I changed to M30S the network will shuffle between E and H+ and from time to time, it goes to LTE with the low signal (Normally 2 out of 4 bars). Since day one i noticed it and after 2 days i got an OTA update of 110 MB and it made some performance improvements and came with August's security patch. When i go through the customer review on Amazon i get to know that it's not an isolated incident. A lot of customers are facing the same problem.

Just see the picture below 

Screenshot_20191013-162455_Amazon Shopping-COLLAGE.jpg

As the issue persists i contacted Samsung customer care and the representative asked me to perform certain troubleshooting's which are
1-Reset network setting.
2-Go to Safe mode and check the issue persist because it may be due to some other APP's running in the background (usually third party apps)
3- Factory data reset.
4-Finally take the device to the Samsung service center.

I tried the first 3 steps and guess what? Again back to square one.

I tried the network reception with other brand phones and interestingly M30S had only shown network issue and the worst part is even in the city the reception is pretty bad. ( I used Asus max pro m1, Honor 9 lite, and Poco phone for comparison and shown the picture of max pro m1 only )

The below given screen shot shows the signal strength of both phone from same location.The below given screen shot shows the signal strength of both phone from same location.

M30SM30SMax pro m1Max pro m1

See the values of network strength.M30s always gave me above -100 and for other brands most the time stayed within -100

below  -100 and more considered very bad 

For me, it does not seem like a hardware issue and i would like to know other members in this community facing the same issue as me? 

If there is any representative from the Samsung software department is in this community, With all due respect, I demand them to escalate this issue to the higher authority and Push an OTA update as soon as possible.

123 Comments
Adixit
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy M
any update. we are continually facing network issue.
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
As I mentioned earlier I ported my sim and facing minor network issues now and I don't have any idea about Samsung fixed the issue by OTA update(most probably it's not, by seeing the track record of Samsung). Because i disabled the update option on my phone since my phone works fine right now. I don't want to screw it up.
0 Likes
sunnyji21
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
I also having same issue, if my data is on along with wifi, after switch off wifi , sim data will not work automatically I have to enable and disable airplane mode every time. Second issue pleople not able to reach me if phone is in charging or screen is off no network issue with other phones at my home..
Hope samsung will provide solution soon.
KCKKISHAN
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I am facing the same issue for network using Airtel SIM. Service center updated my phone but still the same issue. Not facing any issue with my other mobile (Redmi Y2)

Subitsy
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Thumbnail Rule

Low SAR Value = Low Network

As per GSMarena.com Samsung M30s have 0.47 W/kg (head) SAR Value

For Strongest Reception go with HIGH SAR (but under permissible value) Value handset.

You can check your old handset SAR Value and compare it with M30s.

This is rude shock, but fact, now it can not get improved via Software etc.

HTH

ldrago
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
this phone is waste in case of signals ..its useless ...i m getting angrier day by day on using this phone ...plss fix this hecking problem...plss
soumenb31
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I am also facing the same issue. Signal strength at my  home always remain pretty strong with other mobile handsets, but Samsung m30s signal strength has never been better than -100db. Mine is a new phone, thinking to return it. 

Avnish Gade
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy M
Samsung m30s has network issues..
Toyaa
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy M
I m facing the same problem...
Mahe14m
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
NETWORK ISSUE,
when I approached to Service center they told issue with the AIRTEL and told to not use VOLTE mode on AIRTEL.
with the JIO sim it is displaying emergency calls only most of the time.
I've changed new sim card also but same issue.
calls are getting paused, dailer and the receiver not at all hearing anything but calls duration are running.