Original topic:

Poor Software Update by Samsung

(Topic created on: 08-12-2021 09:05 PM)
Jasmeet17
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy M
Has anyone noticed that recent software updates provided by Samsung in M21 Handset leaves only 750 MB of approximate RAM out of 4 GB RAM provided. 

Due to this, forget about multitasking, even Facebook App stutters during scrolling. 

I can't understand why has Samsung not optimised the software update to leave sufficient RAM for usage. 

It is working just like a Techno or a Micromax mobile under 10000 price bracket and I think they must be having better RAM management compared to Samsung M21.

19 Comments
Jasmeet17
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
So as per your statement android 11 won't run on 3 gb ram mobiles because if android 11 takes more than 2.8 gb ram for itself then there is no chance of running any apps on it in mobiles with 3gb of RAM inbuilt.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
Yes. Android 11 is a ram hogger, Google is at fault here
0 Likes
Jasmeet17
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
you didn't get my point. Ok tell me how a mobile with 3gb of RAM is able to have Android 11 and run apps without stutter?
0 Likes
Galaxy M
you cannot
0 Likes
Galaxy M
It is samsung fault, the samsung a21s has better RAM management and when we clean its RAM, it shows only 1.9gb RAM is being consumed. But in M21 it is consuming a minimum of 2.7gb RAM. This problem is not google fault as there is better RAM management in A21s and other company mobiles which are running on Android 11.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
'cleaning' ram is gimmick. Android is designed to load ram as soon as possible. A21s and A51 more terrible and laggy, go to Samsung discord server and check what the users say there
0 Likes
Galaxy M
know the truth yeah, I'm in Samsung discord server and it's terrible for A21, A51 users who have 4GB ram
0 Likes
Galaxy M
Yeah I know that problem with 4GB rams lies with Google and it's android. But you have no idea how heavy full UI is. It's a disaster for exynos 9611 and 4GB ram. Yes full ui is more optimized but that optimization is useless for already weak devices with 9611, if it's something like sd700 series or dimensity 700 or higher then it'll be fine for full UI. You can ask an A21 or A51 user for that
0 Likes
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards, 
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Jasmeet17
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Samsung customer support does nothing except making lame excuses and I have already got bitter experience from samsung customer care. When customer is stuck to have bought the device samsung doesn't help customer as they say customer is at fault.
0 Likes