Original topic:

Overheating of Samsung Galaxy M31

(Topic created on: 02-26-2021 04:48 PM)
TheYuvrajOP
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy M
Hello everyone 😃👋🏻,
I hope you all are having a great day! I was facing an issue, so I thought of sharing it with you all to find a solution or figure out if it's happening with other's too. My phone has started to overheat since 23th February. Whenever I try to charge my phone it gets very hot, I place my phone on a flat surface and allow ventilation to avoid heating but still it heats. The room temperature is always below 30° Celsius. This was not seen before 23th February. The area around the notch of the selfie camera and the back camera and the place around it heats but the battery part and charging point remains normal. Please help me fix! 🙏🏻
13 Comments
Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
for this issue you can't get any proper solution as its need physical inspection in service centre but as a try clear Wipe Cache Partition
and if you used mobile cover then remove at charging time and observe.

Wipe Cache Partition.

Steps to perform.

1) Turn off the device.

(Connect with type C cable and connect with pc/laptop or type c earphone only for Android 11 )
...........OR.......
IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER MOBILE THEN CONNECT WITH CABLE WHETHER IT IS TYPE C TO TYPE C OR MICRO USB PORT take help of otg connector to connect with other mobile.

2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the spower button.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all keys.
4) Press the Volume down key to navigate and select "Wipe cache partition".
5) Press Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Select Reboot System.
6) Press the Power key to restart the device.
TheYuvrajOP
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
How does wiping the cache partition reduce heating issue? 🤔🤷🏻
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
that is the thing you can do from your side, if you don't want then leave it dear👍
TheYuvrajOP
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
No, I will do it cause I like playing around with my device. I have rooted my Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime. 😁 but at start I failed to understand how wiping the cache partition related to heating, but if you say so. I am going to do it tonight 🙂✌🏻
I will tell you the outcome tomorrow 😉
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
ohk let me know if worked somehow then ohk otherwise i will give you some more illogical settings for heating issues untill you you get tired of me😁😁😁😁
TheYuvrajOP
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
😂 ok 👍🏻👌🏻
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
😄😄👍
TheYuvrajOP
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
In July, I bought a phone cover, if I used that cover and charge my phone then it will be hot enough to make an omlette. 😂🍳 That cover would just worsen the situation.
TheYuvrajOP
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Can I contact you on your social media account?
0 Likes