Original topic:

One UI 3 : What is missing in the Galaxy M30s despite the update?

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 12:19 PM)
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy M
Many users gave posted their reviews of the One UI 3 update received on Galaxy M30s.
Instead of reviewing in its entirety, I thought I'll shed light on stuff that are still missing.

1. No Seamless updates: So instead of just restarting the phone and waiting for 3-5 minutes for installing OTA updates, Samsung still wants you to wait for 20-30 mins. Samsung has omitted this feature in every version of One UI 3 on every Galaxy device.

2. Recent apps Screen has no Android R features: Google gave fantastic features of interacting with apps in the recent apps screen itself. This allowed selection of texts, taking screenshots, etc without entering into the apps. Samsung has omitted this feature in every version of One UI 3 on every Galaxy device.

3. Force Notification Bubbles missing: In the developer options, there's no option to force enable bubble chat heads for unsupported apps.

4. No Live Caption: I'm unsure whether I couldn't find Live Caption feature or if it's missing in the update itself (Unconfirmed). Available in Accessibility Settings.

5. No additional Calling Screen backgrounds: While customizing the calling screen, there are no additional calling screen videos that can be played as the background.

6. No way to add Tiles/Rows in the Notification Shade: The revamped notification shade has more space. I understand and respect the decision. However, the number of tiles are fixed and no further rows can be added.

7. No additional camera features: Majorly, "Single Take" is missing, even though newer devices with same processor are having them. I am not sure whether "Director's view" (new feature on Galaxy S21) can also be added as a feature.

8. No HDR in 48MP Camera mode: There's still no HDR support at the 48mp mode even though Android 9 had it, which was removed with Android 10 update.

9. No Bixby Routines: Newer phones like M31s have them but it's not been added to M30s even though it doesn't need Knox Support.

10. No Screen Recorder: By far the dumbest omission by Samsung. I do not understand why screen recorder functionality is not added except to make their A series look good.

All these missing stuff came to mind after digging through the new update. However, this update is significantly more stable and refined than the Android 10 update in the initial stages all things considered.
10 Comments
vikas33346
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
bro give one hand mode image with app drawer and home screen
0 Likes
knighty
Active Level 7
Galaxy M

Android 12 wen in India?

0 Likes
geometry
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Live caption is still available,and it's not possible to add features which is suitable for flagship phones. because if they will add these things in mid range phone then they have to invoate something new features for flagship phones.
Regarding screen recorder Samsung still not have positive thoughts.
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Yes, I found live caption. I have updated the post accordingly.
0 Likes
epyczen
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
1. It is not a big issue for this phone which receives quarterly updates
2. You can use edge panels and use the tools panel
4. Live caption is available. Settings > Accessibility > Hearing enhancements > Live Caption
5. You can use any photo/video for call background
6. The layout is fixed but you can add more tiles by going to last page and pressing the + button
10. Yes, there is no screen recorder in M31 too
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Found it. I have updated the post accordingly.
AnilkumarKola
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
I Was expected Good Lock app and modules. but not available

and also I found a issue or bug.
(in the screenshots) Internal storage and Sd card android apps data shows empty.(obb files too)

Screenshot_20210209-131033_My Files.png

Screenshot_20210209-131006_My Files.png

Screenshot_20210209-131029_My Files.png

Screenshot_20210209-131002_My Files.png

epyczen
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
That is not a bug. That is a security feature of Android 11
AnilkumarKola
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
ok.thanq