Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

One U.I. 2.0 - Post update problem

(Topic created on: 03-22-2020 01:31 PM)
Anand011
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M

I recently updated my Galaxy M30s to One U.I. 2.0. Ever since my phone rebooted from the update, it has been unresponsive to any and all touch input. As a result, I cannot unlock my phone. The fingerprint scanner seems to be working fine, but I have to input pin after reboot to unlock my phone. 

I have tried booting it into safe mode, but the problem still persists. I also wiped cache partition and rebooted it. The screen is still not responsive to touch input.

Please suggest any solutions or similar problems.

12 Comments
Solution
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Simply wiping cache partition does nothing. In times like this, it's better to take a backup a perform a factory reset.

I experienced the same issue in my device after update. But after factory resetting, the device is working fine and I'm getting great battery life too.
0 Likes
Anand011
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Okay. Thanks!

0 Likes
Anand011
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Okay. I tried factory resetting. The phone is in setup mode, asking me to choose languages. But it is still unresponsive to touch input. What should I do now? Is it a hardware problem?

Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
How is it still not responding to touch? Have you ever dropped your device?
0 Likes
Anand011
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Not recently. It was working fine before the update. Only after the update finished, did I start facing this problem.

0 Likes
Anand011
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

But yes, I have dropped the device.

0 Likes
Solution
Atul09
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
do factory reset of your phone after making backup of your phone you need to first switch off your mobile then push all three buttons volume or power buttons for 5 to 10 sec then there is an option of factory reset tap on it and push power buttons thats it
0 Likes
Anand011
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Thanks a lot! I'll try that.

0 Likes
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Okay then take your device to a service centre if possible. Your screen might have got damaged.
0 Likes